Senior Project Manager
- Engineering degree or Master Engineering (Mechanical/ Civil / Chemical / Biotech)
- 10 to 15 years' experience in managing mid- to large size capital projects
- Broad knowledge of project management and technologies processes
- Strong background in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus for this position
- The job holder will be of sufficient stature and credibility to effectively interface with and influence key opinion leaders within GSK in Belgium
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Has the ability to work fully autonomous
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability.
- Highly effective at influencing internally and externally
- Ability to discuss and negotiate technical matters with suppliers
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in a high complex matrix environment
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Drive and manage Belgium projects portfolio with an annual spend of 20 to 30 million €. It represents 10 to 15 different projects running in parallel and at various stages (inception, design, construction, commissioning).
- Lead a team of experienced and senior project managers managing the projects in the portfolio. Projects will cover all kind of activities in Belgium Site, including Primary and Secondary Operations, Site and Offices facilities management, VDD and QC activities.
- Overall accountable for project delivery within the safety, quality, planning and budget objectives, this position requires strong experience in managing project in a complex and highly regulated environment and in the technologies used un Vaccines activities.
- Ensure the Business alignment, planning, prioritization, approval, and outcome forecasting and depreciation impacts of the annual Belgium supply chain capital budget
- Has the overall accountability of a portfolio of projects in Belgium Sites
- Define and decide the final project budgets and schedules worked out by PMs. Lead the process of projects business cases preparation and ensure submission to the BCR (Belgium Capital Review) and MNIB (Manufacturing Infrastructure Investment Board)
- Designs the project organization structure & drive project teams capacity management. Monitors, appraises, and upgrades individual and team performance as required to assure project success. Installs a proactive, "can do" attitude within the project and purveys a "preventive rather than corrective" mentality.
- Drive the Project Execution Plan process, documenting the project delivery strategy and the success criteria according to the PM Standard. Establishes a Quality Plan for the project and is proactive in planning for quality.
- Prepares monthly progress reports according to the PM Standard. Keeps the Steering Group and Sponsors informed of critical issues that could jeopardize projects success.
- Develops a risk management strategy for the project and implements associated processes and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risk.
- Leads the qualification of the engineering services providers and decide and direct the appropriate contractual strategy. Uses proven selection processes to develop the appropriate contract strategy for the project, selects and manages contractors and settles any claims in accordance with company policy.
- Implements strict project and financial controls, including procedures for change control / management, cost control / forecasting, physical progress / productivity measurement, and invoice review / payment.
- Ensure that the overall commissioning, validation & handover strategy that fully complies with the PM Standard and implements to ensure a timely and complete handover to the Customer.
- Drive the Belgium CAPEX Project management community. Provide mentoring and support to MPU for small-sized projects when required. Ensure MPU's TS has the adequate organization and resources to perform SMR management
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top