Senior Packaging Engineer
Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
At least 10 years of related experience within a manufacturing facility.
Masters of Engineering
Expertise in packaging equipment design, packaging development, and line integration within a regulated environment including knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, NEC, EPA, etc
Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers, visual basic, HMI software, AutoCad, and MSOffice Suite.
Job Description Summary-
To provide packaging engineering support to the Memphis site in an effort to satisfy the site Growth Strategy in addition to strategy deployment associated with Safety, Quality, and Continuous Improvement (CiP) program initiatives. This new position is being created to ensure that all base-business packaging processes are supported along with new product introductions, technology transfer products, equipment installation/replacement, and component sourcing for business continuity.
In addition, this role will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing capital and expense projects primarily for packaging related initiatives that will provide the site with cost reduction and capacity improvements while meeting cGMP objectives. The engineer will work collaboratively with Brand and Corporate packaging groups to assist with packaging designs, packaging development, as well as production troubleshooting support.
Job Description-Key Responsibilities
- Experience in troubleshooting packaging equipment and material/component related challenges to improve operational efficiency and sustainability.
- Capital project justification and implementation including cost savings justification, new product introduction, equipment replacement/upgrade, etc.
- Working knowledge of various packaging unit operations/technologies including foil strip packaging, blister packaging, cartoners, bundling, heat tunnels, checkweighers, case packing, palatalization, code printing (ink/laser) and vision inspection, high speed tube filling/packaging, substrate barrier technology, and robotic systems.
- Extensive knowledge of process control systems
- Continuous improvement background with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/OE tools, and data analysis techniques
- Understanding of Quality by Design (QbD) principles and process analytical technology (PAT)
- Experience using coaching/mentoring techniques and interpersonal communication skills in working with a diverse population at all levels of the company (i.e. shop floor to global corporate partners)
- Competency in technical writing for preparation and execution of cGMP related documentation including plant trials, technical reports, user requirement specifications, design qualifications, equipment commissioning/qualification, validation, equipment FAT/SAT, and packaging process development.
- Demonstrated track record of success leading multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction and strong engineering project management. Experience with equipment/project costing and budgetary management.
- Serve as a technical lead for new packaging technologies, process development, and continuous improvement activities associated with quality, yield, waste, cycle time, safety, and process robustness across a portfolio of consumer healthcare products in the OTC and oral care categories.
- Expertise in packaging equipment design, packaging development, and line integration within a regulated environment including knowledge of cGMP, OSHA, NEC, EPA, etc.
- Conduct investigations of process/packaging deviations to determine root cause/corrective actions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading projects within a team environment.
- Author and execute plant trials to resolve packaging challenges as well as implement new improvements.
- Author/revise manufacturing batch records, SOPs, technical reports, technical change controls, and other site documentation.
- Conduct technical training on processes and procedures to all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with R&D to ensure Design for Manufacturing principles are used for optimization of new product/technology introduction.
- Support both internal and external manufacturing associated with new product introduction and technology transfer programs
- Support site functions (i.e. Engineering, EHS, Operations, etc.) with technical expertise including validation initiatives, engineering capital projects, etc.
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers, visual basic, HMI software, AutoCad, and MSOffice Suite.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top