Senior Medical Science Liaison
GlaxoSmithKline is bound by a global promise to keep patients' interests at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with an ethical approach in all activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
Our mission is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own highly talented team and are committed to supporting, rewarding & developing them with a challenging and inspiring work place.
We are expanding our team and as result a rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Medical Science Liaison to join our respiratory medical team in this newly created Senior MSL role with a focus on a novel therapy for the treatment of patients with COPD.
Naturally a key focus of this role will be to work closely with the MSL Manager to coach, mentor, develop and inspire a high performing MSL team.
Reporting into the MSL Manager, the role will also play a critical part in engaging with key Respiratory specialists to evaluate and share scientific research and provide education support.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
• Providing leadership, coaching, in field support, guidance and operational direction to a team of MSLs.
• Making an active contribution to the wider business by taking on leadership roles on cross functional projects.
• Actively contributing and identifying opportunities for process and system improvements driving a culture of continuous improvement.
• Building and developing relationships with external experts & health care professionals in the respiratory field and participating in robust and transparent scientific dialogue.
• Responding to requests for scientific and medical information in a comprehensive, timely and customer focused manner.
• Facilitating presentations to nurses, GPs, Specialists and formulary committees.
• Providing medical input and expertise into the development of marketing strategy, promotional campaigns and collateral.
• Continuing to expand your knowledge in respiratory pharmacology, drug development, medicines regulation, pharmacoeconomics, and drug safety.
• Continuing to develop and build an in-depth knowledge of the science and evidence relating to medicines, devices and other treatment options within the respiratory therapy area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• A relevant qualification in Science including but not limited to Pharmacy or Pharmacology.
• A MD qualification or PhD with expertise in the respiratory therapeutic area.
• Experience in a Medical Science Liaison role.
• Coaching skills with a passion for developing people.
• Excellent business partnering influencing skills and ability to work across boundaries with a broad range of cross functional stakeholders.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and relay complex scientific information.
• Comfort and confidence presenting to groups.
Our MSL team is a high performing, engaged and collaborative group of people who are genuinely motivated by the impact that our products make to patient's lives. This role represents a great chance to develop your leadership and coaching capabilities as well as demonstrating your scientific expertise and presentation skills in a fast paced and varied environment.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
PHD in the respiratory therapeutic area or a Medical Doctor qualification
GSK is a global leader in respiratory therapeutics and is reinforcing its internal expertise in a number of countries. The Senior MSL role represents a great opportunity to showcase your expertise in respiratory medicine and therapeutics.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top