Senior Manager, Zoster Vaccines, US Communications
Minimum 7 years of communications related experience, including 4 years of demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Excellent communications track-record, especially experience in new media (e.g. video, digital, storytelling/infographics)
- Pharmaceutical knowledge, preferably in vaccines
- Brand, culture and engagement work
- Patient advocacy and consumer engagement
- Launch and/or employee communications planning and execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with multiple and diverse stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Communications, English, Business, Healthcare, Vaccines
- Strategic and creative thinker who knows how to construct compelling stories that will resonate with both internal/external audiences and can manage a deliberate development process, including strong project management skills
- Proven experience developing content across a range of platforms and media (digital-friendly, visual/storytelling style, such as videos and infographics); versatility in creating both branded and unbranded content and willingness to innovate
- Strong logistics and organization skills, eg, background in designing, planning and executing large meetings for internal audiences, with attention to detail and the full audience-experience
- Good knowledge, insight and understanding of the vaccines space and/or adult consumer category and the operating environment of GSK's growing vaccines business.
The US vaccines communications team is recruiting a driven and creative individual to serve in a two-year role dedicated to support the launch of our newest vaccine, Shingrix, which has the potential to transform adult immunization and achieve the ambitious growth objectives of GSK vaccines. This role will report to the Head of US Vaccines Communications and work closely with the external communications Director for Shingrix and alongside the internal communications manager for the VBU. This position reflects the significant business and reputational opportunity with Shingrix, plus the increased needs during the launch phase itself. It will support the increased communications focus on the fast-growing US Vaccines business, which is expected to double in size by 2020.
The Communications senior manager for the Shingrix launch will drive the execution of the communications strategy by developing the content necessary for a high-impact launch and orchestrating internal events. This content will do double duty: first, to support internal milestones, including the kick-off national sales meeting, and second, to serve as the basis of a sustainable and multi-purpose content pipeline for the first two-years of the launch.
This unique role will oversee the development of memorable materials and experiences (videos, infographics, charts, etc) that will cover a range of topics, from patient testimonials to the vaccine's innovative design, to survey results from policymakers and consumers. The content should be designed to engage and connect an expanded national sales team, activate all US-based GSK employees to learn more about vaccination with Shingrix, and to educate American adults 50+ about the risk of shingles. Since much of this content will debut at the February 2018 national sales meeting, this role will also spearhead the design/organization of this milestone event, working with GSK Vaccines agency of record, and drawing on the support of a matrix team across internal and external roles, and the chief of staff to the VBU head.
- Develop and execute a content development strategy to align with Shingrix launch communications objectives (both internal & external) and to maximize key internal milestones (launch meeting, internal activation campaign, town halls, etc.)
- Design program for key "tent pole" events for internal audiences, including first national sales meeting featuring new sales force (~150-200 individuals) and map out strategy for other key internal events featuring Shingrix
- Partner with external comms and represent internal comms needs/strategy on core Shingrix launch team
- Support Shingrix launch team leadership to enhance and develop their internal communications skills and styles through coaching, training and mentoring by tapping PR agency and other coaching resources
- Construct editorial content calendar to help integrate with the rest of the team and align with long-term internal comms strategy of VBU
- Manage internal communications touchpoints for the BU that address Shingrix needs, including field communications (FCCs)
- Partner with global Shingrix communications teams on developing Shingrix content and management of project plans to align with global CGA Shingrix launch strategy
- Cultivate and build strong, positive relationships with Shingrix and Vaccines leadership and key stakeholders and with communications partners.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top