Senior Manager, Technical Services
Leads the MPU Local Technical Services Team to ensure the availability and performance of plant assets,
Un-interrupted and efficient supply of utilities and functioning of production and infrastructure equipment, manages process engineering projects (up to 250 K€), SMR and automation, and maintains and improves equipment and installation of the Manufacturing Performance Unit to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
Is as a member of the MPU leadership team co-responsible for the MPU results and ensures personal and team objectives are aligned with MPU, Belgium Industrial Operations and GIO goals and objectives
• Leadership As a member of the MPU Leadership Team, contributes to the determination of the MPU manufacturing and supply strategy to meet the business objectives of GSK Vaccines and to secure the overall interests of the company and the welfare of employees. work on improvement project and new product
• Maintenance of Equipment Manages and supervises the day to day preventive and curative maintenance and re-qualification within the Manufacturing Production Unit to secure optimal efficiency and effectiveness of production capability
• Calibration & Measurement Calibration /Qualification Services : Manages and supervises the day to day calibration and re-qualification of a large diversity of installation and equipment
• Methods : Master data: Maintain and update all the Master Data date in the area of responsibility. Energy Management: Measures energy consumption and deploys energy savings project for the MPU
• Process Engineering / Automation / Industrial IT
• Expertise : Works closely with the Maintenance & Engineering Community, the Manufacturing Expertise Center of Excellence and the Shared Service Engineering to develop the right level of expertise within the team in order to support the Manufacturing Production Unit efficiently and to be internally recognized as expert in the area of responsibility
• People & Organization : Leads, selects, trains, evaluates, coaches and motivates the team towards the pursuit of technical services and supply excellence and the attainment of Good Manufacturing Practice
• Change and continuous improvement : Provides leadership for change initiatives which contribute to the overall effective improvement of GSK Vaccines manufacturing & supply.
• Master degree in engineering (Civil engineer) or Industrial/Agricultural Engineer
• At least 10 years experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry (of which at least 5 years in vaccine production)
• At least 5 years experience in industrial maintenance environment
• Engineering degree with background in Biotechnologies
• Environmental and/or Safety Requirements is a must
• Relevant experience in engineering/automation/project management
• Proven experience in people management
So if you've the skills and experience we're seeking, we'd like to hear from you.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top