Senior Manager QC Microbiology Process, Utilities & Validation Testing
Lead a service composed of 3 QC teams, prioritize activities and interact efficiently with internal and external partners for delivering all objectives on time and with quality required to Process Validations & Certifications, Utilities/Water monitoring, Environmental monitoring support and method validations for customers, in line with GSK Vaccines priorities.
- QC water monitoring tests, cleaning, process validation/certification tests, microbial identification and validation of methods regarding environmental monitoring, process validations, generic or specific product release testing and methods for vaccines candidates.
- Ensure the provision of a timely, efficient, cost efficient and comprehensive Quality Control & Sterility Assurance service to both commercial and non-commercial customers, which are in compliance with both GSK Vaccines policies and standards, and those of external regulatory agencies and bodies for a sub set of testing.
- Improve, implement and assure quality management within his /her QC service.
- Participate to the optimization of the QC Operations processes for his /her service through identification and development of the best technological solutions and lean management processes.
- Support the development of junior QC operations staff
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
• University degree, PhD Life-Science (Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmacology)
• Advanced expertise in Microbiology (general and analytical techniques), deep knowledge of cGMP
• Advanced Microbiology expertise, multidisciplinary activities, needed for a good overall view when complex/interdepartmental problems to be solved.
• At least 7 years professional experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech / medical device / food industry or equivalent environment including at least 3 years of quality control related experience
• Direct experience and high knowledge in Microbiology
• Experience in leading people
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Global Quality Departments is responsible for setting up all global rules and regulations to ensure GSK vaccine products are manufactured, tested, released and distributed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The QA Belgium departments manage all product quality related activities in industrial operations in Belgium, including regulatory compliance. The scope covers any action that potentially impacts final product quality. The QA Belgium department is also responsible for the release of final products made in Belgium and abroad.
Quality for Research & Development in partnership with R&D teams promotes quality and enables them ensuring activities of Research & Development are delivered in a compliant and sustainable way, in order to guarantee patient safety, company and regulators satisfaction, as well as successful product pipeline delivery.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top