Senior Manager, Performance, Process & Risk Management
- University degree
- Masters Degree in Life Sciences or MBA
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical development setting
- 3+ years of risk and/or quality management experience; including risk mitigation planning and tracking, milestones, commitments, actions
- Excellent knowledge in development of vaccines, process design and simplification, and Risk Management
- Lean expert, Green Belt, and/or ADP Expertise is a plus
- Risk / Quality management;
- Demonstrated track record in process simplification, outstanding customer orientation and partner collaboration
- Previous matrix team experience in a global context is essential
Job propose :
- Reporting to the Performance, Process and Risk Management Lead, the Performance, Process and Risk Management Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the team in executing the Performance, Process and Risk Management strategy. S/he will work directly with R&D Platforms and Research & Development Centers (RDCs) to provide guidance and training on how to perform Risk Management. S/he will ensure that the appropriate processes are followed in a consistent way and assist in reviewing and prioritizing risk to ensure that risks are raised to the appropriate audience. S/he is also responsible for ensuring that proposed Risk Mitigation plans include the ability to measure the performance of function after the mitigation activity has been completed.
- S/he is responsible for delivery/implementation of prioritized Process improvement projects/change initiatives (ADP, lean and operational excellence), within and across platforms and R&D centers worldwide. These are projects that go beyond continuous improvement and will bring a step change towards simplifying the way we operate. S/he will drive the setting up of the strategy, plan, overseeing implementation and providing day-to-day management of Change initiatives, and eventual handover to the business. S/he will work towards impacting overall mindset towards an aligned, prioritized focused approach
- The Performance, Process and Risk Management Senior Manager will also work with Platforms and RDCs to identify Key Performance Indicators and collaborate to establish Performance dashboards requirements.
- S/he is part of a team operating in a cross-functional capacity and must effectively interact with a broad range of people from the R&D Leadership Team to the Leadership Teams of the Platforms and R&D Centres and to functional Managers.
- Risk Management
- Effectively partner with assigned R&D area to ensure the consistent execution of Performance, Process and Risk Management in that area.
- Assist in evaluating Risks and establishing Risk Mitigation plans that include measurable deliverables to ensure performance.
- Ensure the appropriate escalation of Risks to the appropriate level (e.g. group leadership, Platform leadership, Risk Management Board, Risk Management Corporate Board).
- Ensure the consistent use of agreed Risk Management system in their assigned R&D area.
- Collaborate with other Performance, Process and Risk Managers to ensure the appropriate communication and handling of cross functional risks.
- Act as Risk Facilitator for GSK Principle or cross functional R&D Risks
- Process Improvement
- Deliver process innovation and improvement change initiatives within assigned area. Develop strategy and plan for implementation of initiatives and support tracking and reporting for these initiatives.
- Ensure that process innovation activities (utilizing LEAN and/or ADP Methodology) improve not only compliance and quality but also operating efficiencies and productivity.
- Drive proactive performance management in the implementation of the initiatives
- Manage relationships with platforms/RDCs, cross-functional stakeholders and external vendors that are part of the Change Initiative team. Serve as key point of contact person for change initiatives and decision making for their assigned area.
- Key contributor of data for Change Initiatives Governance and for Process Improvement governance boards.
- Act as an ADP/lean coach (to promote mindset change), providing training, coaching, facilitation, and expertise in the ADP/lean processes and tools
- Performance Management
- Collaborate with Platform and RDC business partners to identify Key Performance Indicators and ensure appropriate review
- Assist in the maintenance and usage of Performance Dashboards to analyse performance
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top