Senior Manager, Molecular Analytics (Analytical Development)
The Sr. Manager Molecular Analytics is expected • Lead team of virologists and molecular biologists to design and develop analytic tools and assays for the characterization of vaccine candidates, and support platform technology development as technical program progress from early development into Phase I/ II, Phase III.
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership of the laboratory, ensuring support to professional development and qualification of staff , while reinforcing wellbeing within the organization
• Ensures the team is up to date and use cutting edge technologies and ideas to deliver best preclinical expertise to vaccine projects in discovery, development and life cycle management, according to R&D priorities
• Ensure that the objectives of the team are in line with R&D and business priorities
• Represent the team at early/discovery Project Teams and/or Technical Teams to ensure that the laboratory meet the project team's expectations
• Provide input to the DPU in order to identify, evaluate and select new projects for the future
• Strong scientific leadership to ensure interface with key scientific external stakeholders or interactions with external partner in the context of outsourcing of activities or collaborative research studies
• Enable collaboration with other Preclinical Platform members and foster synergies with equivalent team leaders at other RDC through sharing of knowledge, expertise and best practices
• Provide expert supports to other preclinical teams, but also IP and regulatory in the context of filing of patents, regulatory documents and submission of manuscripts to peer reviewed journals
• Supervise 3 Scientists
• PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology, Cell Biology or other Vaccinology related discipline and 8 plus years of experience
• At least 5 plus years of experience in biopharma-related industry
• A good understanding of molecular biology & analytics
• Experience with People Management & Coaching
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively
• Experience with collaboration in an international environment
• Possesses sound scientific methodology and thinking
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Experience in technology transfer in manufacturing is a plus
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
In September 2015, GSK established a new global centre for vaccines research and development (R&D) in Rockville, Maryland. The site is one of three global vaccines R&D centres for GSK, complementing the company's existing global R&D centres in Rixensart, Belgium and in Siena, Italy.
The new US vaccines R&D centre will expand GSK's efforts to discover and develop novel vaccines across a range of pressing public health threats, including those relevant to the US. It will consolidate vaccines R&D activities currently conducted at other GSK sites including in Philadelphia, PA and Cambridge, MA, into one centralised location. Key late stage development programmes, as well as vaccine discovery and new platform technology development will be led from Rockville.
Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries. The vaccines in our portfolio have been helping to protect people from serious disease for well over 100 years, with our Marietta (US) site dedicated to smallpox vaccine production since 1882. Today, our vaccines continue to tackle some of the world's most devastating diseases, including pneumococcal disease, meningitis, hepatitis, rotavirus, whooping cough and influenza. Our Vaccines business has a portfolio of more than 40 vaccines for every stage of life, helping to protect people against 22 diseases. We have a pipeline of 14 candidate vaccines in development. One third of our vaccines in development target diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including all three WHO infectious disease priorities: HIV, malaria and TB. Our other vaccines in development include vaccines for the treatment of COPD and prevention of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). In October 2017, our shingles vaccine, Shingrix, received regulatory approval in Canada and the US.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top