Senior Manager Head of Production New HAV
- Minimum Level : Bio Engineer or Scientific Master Degree (University degree) or equivalent
- Preferred Level of Education : Bio Engineer with background in biotechnologies
- Knowledge in supply chain management, processes, biopharma technologies, safety and biosafety. Very good knowledge of GMP/compliance requirements for biological products acquired in bio/pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of and experience with culture and purification processes is an asset for Primary manufacturing Operations
Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Other Job-Related Skills/Background : Advanced people management skills with demonstrated engaging, empowering and decisive leadership style. Proven Planning & Organizational skills - Ability to lead and drive change
Manages the day-to-day vaccines manufacturing operations of the MPU to ensure the supply of vaccines or intermediate products in line with Demand
- Leadership: As a member of the MPU Leadership Team, contributes to the determination of the MPU manufacturing and supply strategy to meet the business
- Production : Manages the day to day vaccines production operations to cope with the demand : adapt production schedule based on 3 months/yearly plan.Organizes and monitors performance progress efficiency of the production through Key Performance
- People & Organization: Leads, selects, trains, coaches and motivates a team of Managers and/or Supervisors and production staff towards the pursuit of supply excellence and the attainment of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Quality/Regulatory : Ensures adherence of the operations to cGMP, Regulatory requirements and all GSK Quality Management Systems (QMS) policies and procedures
- Risk/Compliance : Ensures constant analysis of risks of the MPU related to production in order to secure unrestricted production capabilities at high quality standards.
- Financial : Is responsible for preparing and meeting the annual budget (Opex, Capex, Headcount), forecast and manpower allocation for production matters.
- Health, Security, Environment : Is responsible for the compliance with all applicable standards and policies
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top