Senior Manager, Global Automation
1. Lead a global team of automation experts, automation project managers and a global support team
2. Define vaccines divisional vision, strategy and roadmap for manufacturing automation solutions and for the GIO operational technology network
3. Develop and maintain global engineering guidelines for automation
4. On strategic global engineering CAPEX projects lead design from feasibility design to basic design and until detailed design and manage hand over to local team and selected engineering office
5. Lead global transversal, cross site automation projects and global engineering changes required by Engineering Alerts or regulatory inspections observations (OT security, Data Management to name a few)
6. Define and manage life cycle of global automation assets for bulk, secondary, operational technology, data management
7. Provide support (level 3 call center) and expertise to manufacturing sites on Asset Life cycle management
8. Develop and promote Community of Practice / SME network per engineering discipline
9. Assess and monitor performance of automation asset management by Technical Service teams in sites
• Define the long-term vision and the strategy for execution regarding automation and OT assets (DCS, EMS/BMS, SCADA, Data Historian, ...) for GSK Vaccines Global Industrial Operations (GIO).
• Align, gain feedback and approval through collaborative stakeholder management at Industrial Operations Leadership (IOLT) level, Manufacturing Strategy, MSAT and site directors/heads of site engineering.
• Develop, together with the manufacturing sites automation heads, the appropriate projects for successful execution of the strategy and work with sites to incorporate those projects into the sites' facility master plans.
• Provide central life cycle management leadership for GIO central and critical automation solutions (technology watch, design requirements, implementation requirements, qualification and validation requirements, develop training packages, operational support and obsolescence management)
• Establish and lead a global support team (Level 3 call center and ticketing system) to ensure 24/7 site support for central automation solutions
• Lead a global SME community of practice of automation experts across the GIO manufacturing sites and QC labs.
• Act as the automation expert / SME for standard automation solutions deployed on sites. Define standard automation solutions for vaccines sites and work with procurement to develop central procurement strategy for higher and harmonized ways to ensure compliance, faster implementation of network-wise changes, cost savings, and better service level through identification of standard preferred suppliers.
• Lead the automation discipline design on Global CAPEX projects (Strategic CAPEX or above 10M GBP).
• Suggest, align and gain GIO support and lead global transversal, cross site automation projects (e.g. OT Security, Data Management) and global engineering changes required by Engineering Alerts or regulatory inspections observations (CAPA Globalization)
• Support Global Asset Management team in conducting assessments on sites to ensure automated equipment/utilities are maintained in safe compliant condition in accordance with external regulations, Health Authority expectations, as well as internal standards and support sites in developing remediation plans per assessments findings
• Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure automation resources and skillset meet current and future business demands. Provide technical coaching and training plans as required.
• Work with close collaboration with sister divisions and corporate to ensure alignment and execution of corporate-wide initiatives
• Lead the design for OT security program. Manage cybersecurity alerts for OT assets and ensure a proper awareness OT cyber security level to the business
• Assure and safeguard the quality and capability of the manufacturing facilities within GSK Vaccines.
Support all GSK Vaccines sites for L3 automation issues.
• Activate the automation network of experts across operations and capex projects. Develop automation skills &capabilities within the manufacturing sites.
• Work closely with stakeholders to discover new opportunities, to add value through implementation of innovative technology and systems, to enhance operational effectiveness of the project and to ensure excellent safety and operational standards.
• Ensure the appropriate cyber security level for OT assets.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
•Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
•10 + years of relevant engineering experience
•Experience working in a regulated GMP environment.
•Proficient with application and administration of manufacturing control systems, building automation systems, servers, industrial communications/LAN, and data historians.
•Prior project engineering and/or technical management experience.
•Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire technical groups
•Advanced Degree in Engineering
•Professional Engineering (PE) license or Chartered Engineering status preferred
•Demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and across all levels of the organization.
•Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience preferred
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top