Senior Manager - Epidemiology
- MD with Master's Degree (MS or MPH) or equivalent postgraduate qualification in Epidemiology. PhD Epidemiologist in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine/drug-related epidemiology.
- Formal training in infectious disease epidemiology/ public health.
- Formal training in vaccinology and pharmaco-epidemiology are a plus such as having experience in conducting post authorization safety study and/or impact/effectiveness studies.
- Having experience in writing protocols, driving epidemiological studies, interpretation of complex data, and presentation at scientific congresses and writing scientific papers is needed.
- Ability to translate scientific skills in the field of epidemiology into business driven strategies.
- Ability to work well within a global & matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Effective ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on deadlines, with high performance standards;
- Leadership capacity: interaction at the GSK development and access teams, advisory board/external experts.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge in infectious diseases and/ or vaccine-related epidemiology.
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment and the new regulations for post authorization safety studies and impact/effectiveness studies.
- Ability to work well within a matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Effective ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on deadlines, with high performance standards.
Please see "Basic Qualifications"
To be responsible for Epidemiological studies within a large program or group of related programs (led by a Clinical and Epidemiology Research & Development Project Lead - CEPL) within the context of the GSK Vaccines process in order to ensure the high quality and on-time delivery of all epi data that will allow and support world-wide registration in compliance with the clinical and epi development plan, applicable good practices, and GSK Vaccines standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Contribute significantly to the development of worldwide epidemiological strategy and policies and their implementations and research plan to accomplish that strategy in one (or more) vaccine/disease areas.
- Work effectively with the clinical development team and the access team to communicate about disease occurrence, disease understanding, payer evidence, risk management plan, and safety issues based on reviews of available literature and/or new epidemiological studies.
- Responsible to manage and implement epidemiological activities according to strategy and plan with the support of the operational teams: involve in strategic plan, discussion, study design, protocol review, data collection, compilation and interpretation and scientific writing for publication, as well as literature reviews and compilation of existing epidemiological data.
- Primary responsibility for development of study design and data collection for epi studies.
- Author final report summarizing study results. Write and co-author manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications. Make presentations to the scientific, medical, and public health communities at national and international meetings.
- Effectively represent GSK Vaccines to external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, international bodies, and key scientific opinion leaders.
- Plan and coordinate scientific dissemination of epidemiology data, in consultation with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to cross functional activities as epidemiologist representative: task forces/working groups, development of policies/ guidances related to epidemiology activities and also organizational work stream.
- Provide support to Regional Epidemiologists as needed.
- Partner with external groups conducting epi and other community studies globally; initiate and manage external collaborations globally.
- Training in the principles of epidemiological study design, conduct, and quantitative analytical methods used for epidemiological studies.
- Skills and ability to review the statistical and epidemiological literature to identify appropriate methodology to achieve research goals.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively work independently and in a team, and to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside Clinical R&D Center.
- Ability to resolve problems through resourceful use of information and contacts
- An organizer /planner /analyser /implementer / problem-solver with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and interpret scientific methods and information and communicate the data to both scientific and lay audiences, in written and presentation formats.
- Strong skills in using statistical tools and database software, as well as proficiency in collating and analyzing epidemiologic data.
- Fluent in English a MUST & other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Problem-solver; ability to see solutions to complex, unique situations where the epidemiological principles need to be applied.
- Ability to handle a high degree of change in priority projects. Ability to deal calmly with complex managerial and technical issues. Diplomacy and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work well within a global and matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Customer oriented/ Service oriented; mature; calm under pressure.
- Team player.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top