Senior Manager, Automation Lifecycle Management
• Lead the global automation experts / SMEs for standard automation solutions deployed on sites. Define the standard automation solutions and manage the full solution lifecycle including technology watch, design, training development, site deployment, technical support and obsolescence plan.
• Provide technical guidelines, tools and standards based on industry best practices
• Activate the automation network of experts across operations and capex projects. Develop automation skills &capabilities within the manufacturing sites.
• Ensure the appropriate cyber security level for OT assets.
Key job responsibilities:
• Develop and support the GSK Vaccines Automation strategy
• Provide leadership to a core group of world class automation technical experts in the development of deep scientific & engineering understanding of core technologies used in the field of vaccines manufacturing
• Ensure retention, engagement and development of automation expertss within the organization. Ensure succession is in place for key roles in the network to minimize operational risks.
Automation solutions lifecycle
• Develop a strong automation SME network inside and outside GSK Vaccines
• Manage User Requirements Tool & monitor our performance of assets as well as technical standard guidelines
• Monitor and assess new developments, industry trends, evolving regulatory expectations in area of expertise
• Develop and maintain global qualification status of automation solutions
• Development and delivery of training materials
• Lead the design for OT security program. Manage cybersecurity alerts for OT assets and ensure a proper awareness OT cyber security level to the business
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
•Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
•10 + years of relevant engineering experience
•Experience working in a regulated GMP environment.
•Proficient with application and administration of manufacturing control systems, building automation systems, servers, industrial communications/LAN, and data historians.
•Prior project engineering and/or technical management experience.
•Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire technical groups
•Advanced Degree in Engineering
•Professional Engineering (PE) license or Chartered Engineering status preferred
•Demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and across all levels of the organization.
•Pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience preferred
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top