Senior Histotechnologist – Clinical Research
BA/BS or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, immunology or related filed
PhD in a biologic science and/or extensive use of histology in biotechnology, clinical or pharmaceutical research. HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) certification with qualification in immunohistochemistry (QIHC).
This laboratory based scientist will provide histology assay development to support clinical drug development within a GCP/GLP environment. Tissue sections from patient biopsies are processed to paraffin or frozen blocks then evaluated using automated staining methods that label proteins using immunohistochemistry or mRNA using in situ hybridization. Use image analysis to quantify tissue biomarkers to drive clinical safety and efficacy outcomes. Deliver data to discovery investigators and project teams as oral presentations and written reports.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and experience in histology related technologies and their practical application in delivering novel and challenging IHC/ISH assays.
- Proficient in all aspects of sample processing including collection, grossing, paraffin processing, histochemical staining, microtomy and frozen sectioning.
- Experienced developer of novel signal and multiplex panels using automated commercial platforms such as Ventana Discovery Ultra and Leica Bond RX.
- Ability to use microscopy and image analysis software (HALO and Vectra 3) to measure biomarker expression and interpret results
- Holds themselves accountable for delivering high quality assays and results in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to translate a project team's histology biomarker needs into a validated assay and acts as a scientific expert in discussions on project progression.
- Provide scientific leadership and set strategic direction on technology advancement and innovation.
- Constantly look for new ways to enhance the value of the science provided by the team.
- Drive innovation and facilitates the investigation and of new technology. Partner with external companies, institutes and consortium to deliver solutions.
- Be well connected in the histology community (internally and externally to GSK) that has been established through publications and presentations at conferences hosted by professional societies such as the National Society for Histotechnology.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top