Senior Counsel, Anti-Counterfeiting
- Extensive specialised experience in a trade mark product anti-counterfeiting enforcement role.
- Law degree and currently licensed to practice in relevant jurisdiction.
- First-hand experience working directly with customs and enforcement authorities in EU Member States.
- Experience in successfully managing civil and administrative actions related to trade mark product counterfeiting.
- Ability to travel to high counterfeit risk LOC markets and major transit/transshipment countries to supervise anti-counterfeiting activities including intelligence gathering; training and 'on the ground' enforcement supervision/support.
- Experience with non-EU member countries (Russia, CIS, Middle East & Africa) including possessing already-established successful working relationships/contacts with relevant officials in one or more high risk countries is preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities
- Must possess ability and background experience to work independently
- Must be decisive in an ambiguous environment
- Sensitivity to and practical knowledge of working with diverse cultures
The Lawyer who successfully fills this role will be given the opportunity to act as major contributor toward the achievement of the global anti-counterfeiting mission statement. This will be best accomplished by successfully managing the tactical anti-counterfeiting activities for a dedicated region while providing '-in region' anti-counterfeiting legal expertise to business stakeholders.
Key responsibilities you will influence and manage in this role include:
- Managing the relationship with relevant customs authorities in all countries within region of responsibility and providing relevant information to customs authorities enabling them to conduct successful risk analysis. Responding to customs suspensions, detentions, and seizures in a timely manner and following-up on destruction of seized products.
- Initiating the appropriate legal response against online fake pharmacies and large scale online business to business distributors of counterfeit products and work with relevant online platforms to identify major online suppliers.
- Working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams that support anti-counterfeiting activities.
- Managing external legal counsel and designated service providers working on regional anti-counterfeiting activities and ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies/protocols.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top