Senior Content Manager
- Significant experience in a producing content for internal and external audiences through digital
- Knowledge of internal and external digital channels and how they can be leveraged to deliver as part of a multichannel digital content strategy
- Significant experience in creation of content strategy and calendars for global corporate activity
- Experience of corporate and financial communications is desirable, but not essential
- First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills
- Experience managing and editing digital channels with high levels of reach
- Role holder will need to be a strong leader with experience in communications and or marketing roles.
- Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling and working knowledge of the process for creating this kind of content
- Knowledge and experience of web design, accessibility and UX; it would be desirable if this experience had been gained on a corporate web channel
- Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
- Project management capabilities
- Budget management.
See Basic Qualifications
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare, dedicated to our mission to help people do more, feel better & live longer. We also have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
As a global healthcare company, GSK has a significant digital footprint. The majority of our 100,000 colleagues and more than 1.5 million people externally interact with GSK content through our digital channels every week.
Global content for our corporate channels is managed by the global digital communications team, comprising around 15 people working across channels, insights and content.
Over the last two years, significant progress has been made to build our expertise in digital communications both within our team and across the Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) function. We are also working to better co-ordinate and leverage internal and external digital activity.
This is helping deliver the CGA strategy through better listening & analysis and more impactful engagement with external and internal audiences to tell the GSK story through digital channels and content.
The role of Senior Content Manager will build on this work and is crucial to achieving the ambitions GSK has for delivering excellence in corporate digital communications.
Working in partnership with the Director, Global Content Strategy & Editorial and subject matter experts (SMES), this role will:
- Lead on content strategy and editorial for gsk.com, our global corporate website – establishing and embedding a clear editorial direction and maintaining exemplary editorial standards
- Partner closely with the channel lead for gsk.com to ensure the website is fit for purpose
- Co-create and deliver compelling digital content campaigns for internal and external audiences, with a particular focus on our corporate & financial story and supporting our performance priority across our website, intranet and social media channels.
- Partner with high priority business units to create a strategically aligned and impactful digital content calendar for their area of responsibility
- Partner with SMEs to create digital content campaigns which deliver their strategic objectives with maximum impact and across all target audiences, internal and external
oThis role will lead on content campaigns for corporate and financial milestones, including our quarterly financial results and Annual Report
- Feedback, edit and create written, visual and moving image content to feed into these campaigns
- Own content and editorial for gsk.com, the global corporate website:
oDelivering the GSK narrative in the most impactful way throughout the website
oPartnering with the gsk.com channel team lead to support the design and UX of the site
oTaking overall responsibility for the editorial direction of the site; commissioning, editing and curating content where needed; editing content so it aligns to a consistent look, feel and tone
oSetting the editorial direction, content strategy and commissioning and editing content for Behind the Science – the magazine section of gsk.com which is designed to champion and communicate our world-leading science
oResponsibility for the quality, consistency and engagement of digital content from designated partners and within gsk.com
- Working with channels and content colleagues to embed content workflow for gsk.com and manage publication through Umbraco, our CMS
- Work with gsk.com channel lead to support local communicators with content across gsk.com country sites
- Responsible for aiding the development of all CGA communicators in the field of digital content (as part of digital as a strategic capability for CGA)
- Work with Director, Insights & User Experience and team to ensure all content within the role's remit is user-driven, takes account of best practice and continually improves engagement levels
- Work with Insights and User Experience team to set and track targets and benchmarks for all channels, content areas and campaigns within the role's remit
- Work with Director, Global Digital Channels and team to ensure all content is optimised for the channel environment and vice-versa
- Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external best practice
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2017
What we offer:
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalised career development pathway.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top