Senior Category Manager
Business or Science
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Preventing and treating disease is challenging and inspiring work. We support, develop and reward the people that make-up our talented workforce.
GSK is one of the world's largest manufacturers of OTC products, with our products reaching over a 1 billion consumers. We're passionate about building the world's best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
We are currently recruiting for the Lead Category Manager within the Category Team. Leading the Pain Relief Portfolio, this person will develop the insight led Category Strategy for over 50% of GSK's Australian Business.
You will be supported by Cheryl van den Bovenkamp Head of Category, who has been with GSK for over 10 years. You will take your Category Strategy and implement a Channel strategy, underpinned by the 4Ps, in turn setting the Brand and Sales Team's up for success.
Development of category growth strategy
- Localise the Global Category Strategy and develop channel Strategies tailoring Brand Plans into Category solutions for all major Australian Grocery and Pharmacy Retail Partners
- 4Ps- Optimisation of range architecture, price and promotional strategy development and execution of 'next generation shelf'
- Drive Category captaincy in prioritized customers and leadership of the range review process
- Utilising a plethora of qual and quant insights across the pain portfolio, you will identify category enablers and barriers and the strategies to address them
- Being at the forefront of everything in the pain relief environment locally, you will also develop relationships with global counterparts for best in class learnings
- You will be supported by a Category Manager, setting the bench mark across the Category Team
- Execute a dynamic contact plan in alignment with key business partner equivalents, both internally and externally across all functions- understanding an influencing them as required
You will have proven understanding and experience gained in FMCG category management particularly of the industry's grocery/pharmacy channels. You will demonstrate business maturity, be commercially astute and have the ability to protect the interests of GSK while ensuring a win win. You will be a team player and be a leader who leads from the front.
Please apply online. GSK does not accept applications from third party channels.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top