Senior Brand Manager Oral Healthcare (for the period of maternity leave)
- Job purpose
Responsible for the development of vision, long and short term brand strategies, portfolio prioritization and implementation of marketing strategies, goals and operational plans and overall management for a selected portfolio of brands for GSK Consumer Healthcare in Ukraine, Belarus and Caucasus markets (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan). Accountable for the performance delivery in terms of profitability, market share, brand equity in the short and long term. Needs to lead complex end-to-end marketing and commercial activities. Responsible for leading the business dialogue across a multi-functional local team to deliver a strong activation of marketing plans, to hit sales, profit, consumption and share targets. A key part of the role will be also influencing a number of key strategic area partners (CEE Marketing Managers / brand leaders), to ensure that we are influencing the global model effectively, followed by superb execution in the selected markets.
- Key responsibilities
- Define the business strategy at a senior level for the assigned category / portfolio of brands for UA, BEL, CC markets
- Overall responsibility over the assigned brands portfolio: lead the execution of marketing plans for UA, BEL, CC markets, whilst managing matrixed relationships at market level and with area category teams, to effectively deliver strong in market plans which deliver against GSK financial commitments
- Develop portfolio prioritization to make the right strategic choices to drive gross profit and ensure effective resource allocation of A&P across the most optimal consumer, shopper and expert touch points to deliver best in class execution of assigned brands portfolio
- P&L management, ensuring sales and profit targets are executed
- Leverage the global innovation and brand plan toolkits for the local market initiatives to achieve brand targets
- Adapt the global category vision and drivers with local consumer/shopper/customer insight to deliver a strong category and brand growth vision for UA, BEL, CC markets
- Act as dotted line manager for Junior BM/BMs working for the respective brands portfolio.
- Higher education in marketing, management, economy, business administration
- At least 5 years of independent brand management experience in marketing with proven track record in leading FMCG or OTC businesses
- Preferably experience in people management
- Proven ability in P&L management and excellent commercial acumen
- Evidence of defining business strategy, brand vision, execution at a senior level
- Extensive experience in managing matrix global relationships to effectively deliver strong in market plans
- Significant experience in brand marketing with OTC or FMCG, developing brand strategies and implementation of activation plans
- Experience of influencing senior business stakeholders through strategic thinking and planning, creating compelling vision and strategy, effective communication and influencing commercial acumen and budget management
- An understanding of consumer research or related fields (e.g. understanding and providing insight regarding people's needs, attitudes, motivations, and behaviour)
- Detailed understanding of Ukraine, BEL, CC trade across all channels, and consumer/shopper behaviour within each channel
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of local/national consumer and shopper trends and business environment factors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Temporary position for the period of maternity leave (12 months).
Position will be open as of November.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top