Senior Brand Manager
Senior Brand Manager (SBM) is responsible for marketing objectives, innovation strategies and actions with respect to Category products in the market place.
SBM is responsible for development and implementation of operational plans to optimise profitability, market share and profit for respective brand(s) in the short and long terms.
In this position he/she supervises marketing personnel and liaises effectively with internal and external parties.
- Develops brands/category strategies including annual brand planning and 3 year category strategy
- Proactively develops marketing and promotional mix to meet brand objectives and consumer needs
- Monitors business performance and external environment via appropriate tools to deliver corrective action as required to meet business objectives
- Effectively communicates with regional/global teams to get sufficient support in line with local business needs and requirements
- Leads communication with external agencies to deliver planned initiatives
- Develops accurate sales forecasts reflecting market demand and marketing/sales activities
- Closely monitors external environment and provides unique consumer insights to ensure growth of market shares
- Develops team members and ensure their full engagement to the business
Key performance indicators
- Sales, Profit and Market Share (MS) objectives achievement
- Financial accountability for advertising and promotion (A/P) budget
- Sales and A/P forecast accuracy
- MS growth in line with global and local strategies
- Brand health indicators in line with expectations
- ROI assessment of all marketing activities
- Substantiated Category and Brands growth strategy for 3 years
- Degree in Business, marketing or related field.
- 5 years experience in SBM position in leading FMCG healthcare companies or top OTC multinational companies
- Marketing background must include experience across several lines of business/ channels, including product launches and advertising
- Needs to demonstrate cross functional expertise and can thrive in a highly complex and matrix environment
- Must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking expertise, as well as ability to influence senior management decision making
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with good relationship building and negotiation skills and listening skills
MBA / post graduate education in Marketing or Business Management a plus
Job title: Senior Brand Manager
Reports to: Category Marketing Manager
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top