Senior Automation Engineer
- BS/BA in engineering, life sciences, biology, or equivalent technical discipline
- Prior experience leading the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control instrumentation including PLC, DeltaV and DCS systems is required.
- 5 years of related experience
- Experience with Networking and Systems Administration
- Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms
- Knowledge in current standards for computer system validation
- Knowledge in current environmental quality standards and validation of controlled areas
- DeltaV and/or PLC training certification
The senior automation engineer will provide engineering and technical support for process control systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility. Evaluate and develop technology, plan and implement modifications and upgrades to control systems, and provide technical support.
- Lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems including Delta V and Allen-Bradley PLCs.
- Provide daily operational support of instrumentation and control systems: troubleshoot and correct issues; provide controls expertise to develop and implement solutions; continuously improve the process; maintain system documentation.
- Provide network and systems administration: manage user accounts; troubleshoot networking issues; lead network expansion and/or optimization through design input.
- Contribute to departmental optimization and upkeep: Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide field support for existing instrumentation and control systems: assist in troubleshooting hardware and equipment issues in the field; lead system expansion and/or optimization through hardware design input.
- Develop validation documentation and implement validation plans for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage or support capital projects as the primary process controls resource from front end design through commissioning: serve as the interface between building stakeholders and contracted support, review and approve vendor deliverables (proposals, drawings, documents, etc), manage the activities of on-site project resources; define detailed plan necessary to complete approved projects on schedule and within budget; support testing and commissioning activities; ensure the deliverable is technically and functionally correct.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology.
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top