SEA Medical Affairs Senior Scientist
Degree in Biomedical Science or Ph.D in Medicine, Dentistry or similar
Medical qualification (MD or equivalent is preferred.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Consumer Healthcare
At Consumer Healthcare, we bring products to millions of people across three categories – Oral Health, Wellness, Nutrition and Skin Health. Many of our brands such as Panadol, Scott's, Sensodyne and Horlicks are familiar around the world. Our brands have been carefully made available to build consumers' trust and loyalty, through maintaining the highest standards in safety and efficacy, whilst bringing new innovations to the market place.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Affairs Scientist to join our Consumer Healthcare Division based in Ulu Klang.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of medical affairs excellence and if required leadership within the CDMA organization in order to deliver business results and ensure effective deployment of Medical Governance framework across GSKCH SEA business.
- Provide medical input to area regulatory applications, new product development and clinical activities, and business development and acquisition initiatives
- Provide medical and technical training of area affiliates about GSK products and competitors
- Act as GSK medical voice in all interactions with consumers, physicians, medical societies, institutions and government bodies.
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance team in order to ensure that GSK activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and Company policies
- Responsible for the development and medical approval of accurate, technically supported and business oriented claims
- Support to market information on data collection and analysis of GSK products and competitors
- Coordinating evaluation and approval of promotional materials
- Degree in Biomedical Science or Ph.D in Medicine, Dentistry or similar. Medical qualification (MD or equivalent is preferred.
- Medical Affairs industry experience (at least 3 years) operating in a commercial environment, preferably in the Pharma, OTC and/or Nutritional space
- Minimum 4 years of strong, multi-discipline experience including clinical development, operations, project management or other functions in order to act decisively to manage the operational needs of the Global Medical Community with minor direction.
- Demonstrated business acumen, project management and organizational skills. Proactive, with ability to anticipate and plan, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, make decisions and respond to tight timelines
- Ability to manage and influence discussions with others
Please apply online
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top