GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK's digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business - from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
As a key member of the Platform Services - Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) team, this individual will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, setup, development, and ongoing operational support for the GSK software defined infrastructure foundational platform. This position interfaces with various teams involved with deployment and ongoing support of GSK's overall Platform offering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide 24x7 Remote Hands support within an escalation rotation
• Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness
• Support the development and deployment to the GSK hybrid cloud
• Partner with internal teams to define, design, and support implementation
• Perform complex troubleshooting of network, server, storage implementations
• Automate (through scripting) the orchestration of complex workloads across multiple platforms
• Perform monitoring and routine maintenance of overall environment
• Become a solid contributor on our team, and build, extend and maintain some of the key infrastructure that powers our software defined infrastructure
• Drive automation and provisioning throughout the entire IT environment
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Familiar with Puppet, Git/Jenkins, large-scale infrastructure management
• Experience with scripting (ruby/python/perl/GO/PowerShell/etc...)
• Experience with network infrastructure, wireless, compute (hardware and OS), and storage (SAN, NFS, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Our reward package includes:
• A competitive base salary
• An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well
• as business targets
• Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and
• Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
• Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK's longer term performance
• A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• 4 - 6 years' experience in information technology within the last 10 years
• 3 years' experience designing and implementing technical solutions
• 3 years' experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations
• 1 year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts
• 1 year experience integrating new technologies into existing technology portfolio
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top