Scientist - NMR / RMN
Qualifications & Profile:
- PhD degree with scientific orientation (NMR/RMN, Organic Chemistry…) or equivalent experience in academic or industrial environment.
- NMR/RMN (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) theoretical and practical experience is required. Experience in the NMR analysis of bio-molecules is a plus.
- People management.
- cGMP knowledge.
- Autonomous and achievements oriented.
- Excellent customer orientation.
- Analytical and critical mind with a pragmatic approach.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French and English. Other languages are a plus.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
Our Technical Research & Development (TRD) Unit within R&D is currently recruiting a Scientist who specialises in NMR/RMN (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance). Are you interested? Please read on...
- Supervise and assure the quality of the GMP activities of NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) platform.
- Develop, qualify and/or validate new NMR testing for the characterization and the release of Vaccines (from harvest to final product, from phase I to commercial).
- Participate to the development activities of the NMR platform.
- Be the backup of the Expert Scientist for planning, audits, meetings with internal and external clients,…
- Supervise a team of 2 Laboratory Technicians.
- Maintain and develop the performance and expertise of your team.
- Develop, guide and stimulate your team.
- Guarantees good communication within the team and with the management.
- Leadership skills with team spirit. You are results-oriented, flexible and act as a team-player.
- Develop new NMR testing methodologies up to validation.
- Challenge technical and scientific aspects of NMR methods vs customer needs.
- Write Scientific and Technical reports (test procedure, validation report, scientific report, deviation reports…).
- Guarantees the application and maintenance of the cGMP (standard procedures, audits, training, method validation).
- Replies to auditor's requests during inspections and support the manufacturing.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top