Scientist High-throughput Analytics
- BS with 5+ years of experience or MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD.
- Degree must be in a scientific discipline.
- Hands-on and in-depth understanding of a variety of different analytical techniques for protein and viral vaccines; e.g., HPLC/UPLC, ELISA, electrophoretic techniques, molecular biology, PCR, cell-based assays
Same as basic.
Responsible for performing analytical activities: development of high-throughput analytical methods used for clinical and commercial development of vaccine candidates and providing expertise in analytical methods in support of process and cell-line development for protein and viral vaccines.
- Performs analytical activities in support of cell-line and process development for vaccine candidates.
- Must be able execute experiments independently.
- Contributes to the transfer, evaluation and optimization of analytical assays used for in-process testing and product characterization.
- Contributes to regulatory filings and interactions with health authorities to ensure successful registration vaccine candidates.
- Works on multiple projects internally, at other sites and at external manufacturers requiring initiative and judgment.
- The qualified candidate must be able to effectively partner with diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries and members at various levels in organization.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work with minimal supervision in a matrix environment and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Solves complex problems through critical thinking to identify and understand alternatives using knowledge gained through formal education, experience and sound judgment.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues and acts as a technical advisor.
- Experience with high-throughput techniques (e.g., Octet, ELISA, UPLC) and systems (such as Tecan and other automation platforms) would be desirable.
- Experience of process support and working with process scientists would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality by Design, as applied to biologics from an early stage, would be an advantage.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top