GSK have established a Singapore Manufacturing Technology Roadmap (MTR) Pre-Industrialisation Programme aligned to the broader Manufacturing Technology Roadmap that seeks to transform the manufacturing paradigm. The Singapore programme will focus on: Synthetic Biochemistry, Continuous Primary Manufacturing, Advanced Process Analytics, Automation and Data Integrity; it will be governed by the Supply Chain Board, led by a dedicated Programme Lead reporting to AMT in PTS and Jurong Technical Lead and include a team of scientific project delivery roles reporting to the Programme Lead.
GSK is pursuing this venture because Singapore is a key region for implementation of the MTR due to the Jurong NPI facility and the Quality Road facility being located there. Jurong is a key site for implementation of continuous drug substance manufacturing and is currently industrialising the Continuous FP project. Quality Road is industrialising the Enzymatic Amoxicillin project, which is part of the expansion of synthetic biochemistry.
The program areas would initiate in the Seek and Incubate phase however, if successful they would progress towards industrialization within Jurong and Quality Road, and in due course into the broader network.
Your key responsibilities are to focus on conducting seek, incubation and industrialisation activities to develop and provide novel technology solutions.
• To identify business cases and outline their cost-analysis through strategic proposals
• To engage with and persuade C-level executives
• To perform rigorous requirements elicitation and conduct robust literature reviews to evaluate existing off-the-shelf solutions and research efforts.
• To undertake careful identification and selection of hardware/software to make informed recommendations. When required, to act as a technical representative in vendor meetings to evaluate potential solutions.
• Forge strategic relationships with external institutions.
• To identify internal/external partners, liaise with GSK procurement and legal advisor team to establish new contract agreements with fair claim to intellectual property
• Able to define scope, develop and execute objectives for self and others. Plan, schedule and track work with project team members, inform and update key stakeholders/sponsors
• To develop required knowledge to demonstrate proof of value, design and develop viable proof of concepts that suitably demonstrate business benefits (build, test, and iterate innovative application prototypes)
• To provide consultancy technical support with the industrialisation phase of the projects.
• To produce a variety of key documentation, including project proposals and articles suitable for publication.
• To stay abreast of upcoming technologies by attending technical conferences and liaising with internal SMEs.
• Must have interfaced with internal and/ or external customers for understanding and analyzing needs.
• Understanding the characteristics of manufacturing (Shop Floor, Enterprise & Supply chain) and cGMP principles
• Previous background in one or more of the following; Primary continuous processing, modelling, simulation, process optimization, Process Analytical Technologies
• Ability to conduct independent research and translate modelling/simulation into implementations for test-bedding
• Knowledge or working experience in the area of digitalisation in the manufacturing environment
• Experience in providing project execution leadership and execute projects across different regions/countries
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with cross-functional/cross country experience preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Technological proficiency, including relevant engineering tools
• Ability to successfully work in a multi-function, multi-discipline and multi-culture team environment
• Microsoft suite of tools, Simulation tools (Hysys, DynoChem, COMSOL, gProms), Programming tools (Visual Basic, Matlab...), Statistical tools (Statistica, Simca...), Aspen AMS.
• Knowledge of SAP, MERP systems is an added advantage
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top