- Master or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Agronomy, Biological Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in transfer of analytical methods is an asset.
- Experience in GMP lab or GMP mindset.
- Knowledge in protein analysis by Electrophoresis techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, Capillary Electrophoresis,…) as well as experience in protein size determination by light scattering is indispensable for this position. Any additional knowledge related to antibodies is welcome.
- Applicants should have experience in team leadership, problem solving and people and laboratory management
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Fluency in French and English
Within the Analytical GMP Testing Belgium, the Scientist Electrophoresis Platform will be in charge, in the field of her/his specific analytical platform, of:
- Planning and follow-up of lab activities
- Design and execution of experiments
- Quality check and interpretation of the raw data
- Alignment of procedures to GMP requirements
- Writing of experimental procedures
- Engage his/her team in analytical methods qualification and transfer
- Participation to technical team meetings and task forces
- Ensure the GMP release testing and stability of all investigational phase 1-2 vaccines of the 3 R&D Centers (BE, US, IT) with respect to the timings and in compliance with the GMPs.
- Participate to the transfer of new analytical methods from Analytical Development groups (3 centers: Belgium, US and Italy) and/or CMOs to GMP testing group. Write transfer protocols and reports.
- Participate to the qualification of new analytical methods in collaboration with the Analytical Development group. Involved in redaction of qualification protocols and reports.
- Work in a team with 3-5 technicians
- Ensure daily follow-up of team activities, manage deviations, plan and follow the maintenance of equipments, lab management, conduct self-audits, implement relevant KPIs for his/her team
- Participate to audits levels 1 to 3
- Participate to specific tasks forces or technical teams
- Contribute to N-1 evaluation and identify ways of people development in accordance to guidance and with the supervision of his/her Senior Manager.
- Interact and act in a complex matrix with several stakeholders from different departments (Research, Development, QC, RA, QA) and countries (Italy, US, Belgium) as well as external CMOs.
- Ensure that SOP are being updated, applied and followed by the team
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top