Scientist - Drug Product Development Technical R&D
- PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related scientific field, Engineer degree or scientific university degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of formulation operations and related analytical technologies. Good knowledge of filling & freeze-drying processes is an asset.
- Positive thinking, team spirit, customer focus.
- Able to work in a matrix environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Motivated and dynamic personality.
- IT tools oriented. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ..
- Fluent in French (matrix interactions with French speaking lab technicians) & proficiency in written and spoken English are a MUST.
- Mastery of lab work activities.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
The Drug Product Development Scientist works within the TRD- DPD team (Technical R&D- Drug Product Development) in collaboration with internal and external departments. You will be responsible for the drug product (DP) process development of vaccine project(s) throughout the product life-cyle by supervising/organizing and taking part to the laboratory experiments. You will also write protocols and reports describing the methodology and the results of the lab trials. The Scientist will also play an important role in the technical product transfer to GMP unit.
You will report to one of the Drug Product Development Senior Managers or Expert-Scientist within TRD- DPD team.
- Design and execute specific development projects in collaboration with the related platform staff, following the quality by design framework.
- Be responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific and technical data to support own area projects.
- Collaborate with related platform staff to design, implement, and interpret the data from development work-streams.
- Make sound scientific/technical decisions based on a balance of data, analysis and experience.
- Function effectively as a core team member on several projects and lead small projects and established work processes.
- Solve complex problems through collaborations with others, taking a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Provide guidance to new team members and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Generate strong relationships in the area of technical development with high quality partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to strengthen development/ implementation of new methods/technologies.
- Prepare and present scientific data within Technical R&D / Technical Development team or in Technical task-force.
- Be able to defend scientific data to external events, like congress, etc.
- Author and review technical protocols and reports in support of various project development stages.
- Utilize technical process knowledge to meet regulatory requirements appropriate for stage of development.
- Communicate effectively within TRD and with external stakeholders.
- Encourage adaptation and proactively promote the GxP / EHS / QA rules application.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top