Scientist, Drug Product Development
- MS with 4+ years of experience OR BS with 6+ years of experience with a degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific field
- Job related experience is required in a pharmaceutical company, CRO, or a medical device company
- Good understanding of biopharm/vaccine development process
- Working knowledge of biophysical assessment techniques for biomolecule characterization and stability evaluation (UV/Vis, Fluorescence, FRET, Light Scattering, CD), DSC, ITC, SEC-HPLC, RP-HPLC, DLS, and particulates detection
- Preferred working experience with proteins and nucleotides
- Excellent written and oral skills are a must
- Knowledge and experience with tech transfer of parenteral drug product processes is a plus
The Scientist is expected to design and execute scientific studies in support of technical programs as they progress from early development into Phase I/ II, Phase III, technology transfer and process performance qualification at the intended commercial site.
- Responsible for the conception, design, implementation, and interpretation of scientific and technical data for the selection/evaluation of formulation following Quality by Design guidelines
- Utilizes technical process knowledge to meet regulatory requirements appropriate for stage of development.
- Functions effectively as a core team member on multiple concurrent projects and may lead small projects and established work processes
- Expands technical, scientific or professional knowledge and builds understanding of the company, processes and customers
- Authors and reviews technical protocols and reports
- May train other staff on equipment operation, data analysis, and other project-related work
- Provides guidance to new team members and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Generates strong relationships in the area of technical development with high quality partners beneficial to the organization, both internally and externally, to strengthen development/implementation of new methods/technologies
- Prepares and presents scientific data within Technical R&D / Technical Development team or in Technical taskforce
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top