Scientific Leader - Immunotoxicologist
- PhD with post-doctoral training in Immunology, immunotoxicology, or related discipline
- Strong research background in immunopharmacology (cell and gene therapy, protein therapeutics and small molecules) and investigating mechanisms of altered immune status and function as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed scientific journals
- Demonstrated expertise in state of the art and emerging platforms and technologies that can be used for immunotoxicology testing
- Drug Development experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology company highly preferred
- Developing in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro assays to investigate mechanisms involving murine, monkey and human immune systems.
- Strong expertise in flow cytometry and cell imaging platforms, immunoassays and bioassays
- Understanding and application of systems toxicology and adverse outcome pathways
- Experience in method development, optimization and validation of assays according to current industry standards and regulatory guidelines
- Good judgment and personal flexibility to adapt to changes in R&D priorities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management and Regulatory authorities
- Coaching and mentoring proficiency
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed, global organization
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to fill a position in the Immunotoxicology Group in Mechanistic Safety and Disposition. The successful candidate will develop and drive scientific research projects aimed at characterizing immune-related safety risks stemming from pharmacology and toxicology-related findings, as well as clinical safety data and Regulatory questions. Special emphasis will be placed on programs in Immuno-Oncology and Cell & Gene Therapy portfolios, but the scope of responsibilities will span across all therapeutic areas.
This role will bring fresh, innovative thinking and state of the art immunology tools and skills necessary to solve problems and build new capabilities in immunotoxicology. Scientific efforts will be collaborative with scientists in both Discovery and Development lines and external partners. The role includes opportunities to serve as the nonclinical safety team member in integrated multi-functional project teams for the development of new therapeutics from Pre-Candidate Selection (CS) to market.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top