Scientific and Medical Writing Manager Vaccines
Degree in Science
5+ years experience in Scientific Writing in a clinical setting within the pharmaceutical industry or other related industry
- PhD in Science
- Demonstrated understanding of complex scientific information & skills to communicate information to various target audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of written and spoken English, good presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in multicultural settings, diverse environments with respect to dynamics of human interaction
- Project and people management skills
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic skills with strong planning and organizational skills
- Developed leadership, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage conflicts of priorities
- Ability to understand and simplify complex situations
- Ability to establish networks and engage stakeholders and ability to work with remote teams
We are seeking a Scientific and Medical Writing Manager for our new U.S. R&D Center in Rockville, Maryland. You will have an opportunity to help develop/shape/build a new organization and site, and help establish a new culture comprising some of the best scientific minds in vaccine research. Come deliver the GSK Vaccines strategy by driving vaccine R&D projects through innovation, collaboration, cutting edge science, exceptional people, and end-to-end quality performance.
- Define Scientific Writing strategy, aligned with CEG & Research and Development Centers
- Ensure realistic planning (including stakeholder alignment) for high quality clinical/regulatory documentation for vaccine programs
- Provide leadership to set direction and drive Scientific Writing priorities to strategic, process and operational business needs for Research and Development Centers.
- Leading across other Vaccine functions and GSK divisions to implement solutions for new regulatory and compliance requirements
- Build capability to meet the changing business and compliance environment by identifying opportunities to increase support through strengthening transversal collaboration within Development (lead in cross-functional boards/committees (IMT/CRDB), promote best practices, continuous improvement, facilitate knowledge transfer and sharing lessons learned, identification and escalation of risks … etc).
- Define & implement Scientific Writing strategy to drive the content and timely production of high quality clinical/regulatory documentation for competitive delivery of our pipeline
- Promote a culture of agility, reliability and efficiency to create trust with stakeholders and unique value for Science Writing within Development
- Create a culture of empowerment and accountability
- Scientific Writing representative providing strategic input on cross functional platforms
- Identify and mitigate risks (e.g., ensuring adequate resources to support projects, through prioritization, third party partners etc)
- Build capability (e.g., develop high professional science writing experts from diverse cultural backgrounds both in-house third party partners)
- Risk assessment, management monitoring, performance management (ensure on-time delivery with quality and timely mitigation or escalation of risks)
- Simplification (e.g., set direction for implementation of global procedures and policies for Vaccines Clinical R&D writing activities, including needs for development and improvement of processes and capability building.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top