SAP Senior Functional Treasury Consultant
- SAP Functional Expertise - FI-GL, IHC, TRM, BCM, PMW
- Treasury experience
- SAP configuration experience preferably with SAP certification in respective area of expertise
- 3 end-to-end market/site implementation project lifecycles
- Demonstrated breadth of knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end process that they own, acquired through multiple leadership roles in global SAP implementations
- Expert knowledge and experience of SAP solutions in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of external and internal best practices relevant to aligned process area
- Knowledge of the network of opinion leaders and subject matter experts relevant to their process area (both inside and outside GSK)
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, experience of application
- Business and Commercial Credibility: It is critical that the holders of these Senior SAP Functional Consultant Roles possess the credibility to be seen as a decision maker and governance authority in their aligned process area. They must be seen as an IT leader, grounded in experience but also with the vision and ambition to drive the correct direction for the future of GSK
- Strong Strategic Direction Setting Capability: They must possess a strong visioning / direction setting capability. They understand how and when to consult in arriving upon this direction and how and when to decide
- Continuous Improvement – They must capable of setting clear goals and tracking the realization of these goals through business changes and systems implementation programmes
- Highly Structured Analytical Approach: They must be capable of operating in a highly structured and standardized framework for specifying process and data models
- Information Search – They must possess advanced research and networking skills enabling them to remain up to date with innovations from inside and outside GSK enabling you to bring new best practice ideas that support your business customers realize their objectives
- Flexible Thinking: They must possess sound judgment on how and when to take on board innovative new ideas. They must clearly perceive the multiple options for any decision that they make and make balanced decisions based on facts and data
- Consulting skills – They must have strong interpersonal skills capable at building relationships across different stakeholder and functional groups in the organization, capturing and aligning inputs from these groups then driving them to an agreed direction
- Teamwork – They must be capable of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams
- Communication – They will be capable of creating simple, compelling messages that summarise their desired direction and clarify the benefits to GSK of following this direction
- Planning –They must be capable of defining detailed plans for their aligned sub-teams and driving these sub-teams to deliver to these plans
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
Our journey to simplify our operating model is enabled through ERP transformation and two major initiatives which will cover the Commercial and Manufacturing operations and run over the next few years. These significant programmes will be a key enabler for transforming the organisation, driving efficiencies in our Commercial Businesses, the factories and across the Supply Chain which will be critical to GSK's overall strategic ambition. To enable our journey GSK are recruiting high calibre SAP experts to partner with Senior Process Owners from the business to drive the transformation. We are seeking individuals with excellent SAP capabilities as well as a strong business partnering mindset to join our integrated transformation team.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role exists to define, drive, and deliver standard processes, data and IT systems which are:
(a)Aligned to the overall strategic direction for GSK and the GSK overall operating model
(b)Integrated into end-to-end process flows: driving alignment across multiple sites and functions to deliver value to the end customer
(c)Aligned to all relevant policies, procedures and regulatory standards
(d)As simple as possible and as complex as necessary aligned to Lean Six Sigma principles
(e)Structured to enable the adoption of simplified, standardized IT systems (especially SAP systems), minimizing customization and maximizing the adoption of embedded SAP good-practices
(f)Aligned to other internal and external best practices
Initially the role will drive this purpose as part of the ERP programme team. Ultimately this role will evolve to become a core IT delivery role, driving all relevant business change and IT systems programmes in the relevant process area.
1.Strategy and Architecture
- Ensures the SAP Landscape is designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives business benefit from its investment in ERP
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the SAP product set and its strategic direction
- Maintains an understanding of the relevant GSK business models and strategic direction
- Provides expert guidance, support and recommendations regarding greater leverage of the SAP product set to leverage greater business benefit for GSK
- Ensures that design aligns with GSK architectural requirements.
2.Change and Major Activities
- Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of the project.
- Defines the solutions which need to be delivered within the different phases of the ERP project to meet the business requirements
- Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered
3.Project Design and Deployment
- Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the template
- Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with the template
- Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the different solutions are realised
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent SAP functional knowledge
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
- Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
- Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
- Provides KT to other individuals within GSS other departments as required for support of the solution
- Supervise Consultants working on support activities, ensuring that they are able to fulfil their responsibilities to review progress, identify and resolve blockages, ensure SLAs are met and that the production systems are not put at risk
- Work on support tickets providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery
- Deliver to SLA, whilst ensuring the integrity of the template and the productive systems are maintained. Create a culture within GSS of delivering within SLA.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by working with suppliers to improve service, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
- Develops SAP functional skills and knowledge as required
- Develops expertise in pharmaceuticals industry and business best practice
- Works with other functions within GSS to identify opportunities for process improvements and assists with the implementation of those agreed
- Works with colleagues in other areas to ensure new functionality is successfully integrated into GSS
- Plays a pro-active role in establishing Delivery and Business Partnering group identity by consistently exceeding customer expectations
- Shares learnings and experiences with others to improve visibility and understanding of GSS activities among peers and superiors
- Considers solution alternatives before committing to action and develop alternative solutions or plans that best support business needs without compromising compliance
- Develops trusted relationships with team-members and customers alike and encourages others to openly express their thoughts and ideas
- Influences effectively through building powerful networks and using them to secure buy-in and support for plans and ideas and create "win-win" outcomes
- Achieves goals and objectives, overcoming obstacles and barriers to success by being proactive driving initiatives forward without compromising quality
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 29th September 2017
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top