SAP Functional Consultant IPT Record to Report
- SAP configuration experience in R2R and Product Costing essential
- Graduate or equivalent with experience of a Good Financial or Accounting background
- SAP solution delivery and support experience, acquired through delivery and support roles in SAP implementations
- A solid understanding of R2R and the integration between SAP Sales and Distribution, Procurement and Manufacturing Planning and Execution processes
- Continuous Improvement experience with sound judgement of how and when to apply it
- Research and learning capability to keep all job relevant skills up to date
- Interpersonal skills to be capable at building relationships across different stakeholder and functional groups
- Teamwork skills: experience of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams
- Communication skills: experience of providing clear messages that summarise a desired direction whilst also having the ability to be able to listen and understand end user and business needs
- Planning skills: experience of following a detailed plan and reporting progress, achievements and managing slippage
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
Global ERP is driving the transformation of GSK's standard financial, commercial and manufacturing processes to a common SAP software platform, for around 80% of the organisation. We are responsible for delivering GSK's ERP strategy, focused on improving service, transforming the delivery model and simplifying processes.
Global ERP is part of Core Business Services (CBS), GSK's integrated cross-functional support services organisation. We are a 1,000-strong global organisation, working with many vendor partners, with main operations in the UK, US, Malaysia & India.
GSK had a large, established SAP landscape that consists of over 27,000 users across 9 landscapes. At the beginning of 2010, the GSK Executive team approved a major ERP implementation programme that will upgrade, standardise and extend the current landscape for its Commercial, Financial and Manufacturing users over the next four years.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
- The role exists to provide the Business as Usual Functional Support processes for the SAP based Intercompany Profit Tracking (IPT) system.
- It is aligned to the overall strategic direction for GSK and the overall operating model
- It is integrated into end-to-end process flow driving alignment across multiple sites and functions to deliver value to the end customer
- It is aligned to all relevant policies, procedures and regulatory standards
- It is aligned to the internal and external best practices
- This role is a core IT support delivery role supporting business change
This role is accountable for the Record to Report Corporate Reporting stream and requires a high level of knowledge in SAP processes and FICO Solution with emphasis on Intercompany Product Costing and Special Purpose Ledger.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Intercompany Profit Tracking (IPT)
IPT is an integrated SAP based system used by GSK to support the accurate calculation of inter-company profit. GSK's Financial Management is based on Standard Cost Accounting for planning, forecasting and actual performance reporting. There are statutory requirements for GSK to be able to accurately value deferred profit (attributed to material held as stock at various levels in the supply chain) to ensure that this can be correctly accounted for in the consolidated Corporate Accounts. The management reporting of actual results against plan is also used for the tracking of performance.
IPT consists for four main elements:
Standard Setting – collect and validate local added value and usage factors for the following year to provide the calculation of group and net costs. The deliverable from current year to the next year is based on budgeted volumes (plan and forecast).
Standard Maintenance – the ongoing additions and changes to standards outside of the Annual Standard Setting and the Annual Transfer Price processes. To include inter-company Transfer prices, NSPs (Net selling prices), Pricing Policies, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Local Added Value (LAV) and Trade Routes.
Annual Transfer Pricing – The process to define the annual procedure to update and record all inter-company transfer prices for GSK.
Actuals Forecast process – Inter-company profit is calculated by tracking through the financial supply chain and the volumes relating to the inter-company invoiced movement of goods. Financial supply chain data is collected annually and ad hoc throughout the year and Volume data for GSK legal entities is collected monthly so that inter-company profit can be calculated and reported.
The System Support Role
- To work on support tickets providing resolutions to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes
- Ability to resolve complex issues and manage user relationships and delivery
- Able to schedule workload, report progress, manage multiple in-flight changes simultaneously
- Deliver to SLA, whilst ensuring the integrity of the SAP template.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
- Provides knowledge transfer to other individuals within GLOBAL ERP departments as required for support of the solution
- Providing verbal and written communication skills
- Provide planning and execution skills to work effectively and achieve goals within tight business timelines
- Actively share resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
Provision of the Reporting and Metrics
- Service Level Agreements status
- Problem Ticket Summary
- Open Change Controls status
- Request Burndown charting and monitoring
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 29th September 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact [email protected]
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top