SAP FI Consultant
- SAP configuration experience preferably with SAP certification in respective areas of expertise
- Worked on at least four full project lifecycles including lead role in blueprinting or extensive BAU support managerial experience
- Demonstrated breadth of knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end process that they own, acquired through multiple leadership roles in global SAP implementations
- Expert knowledge and experience of SAP solutions preferably in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Must be effective in turning functional/technical solutions and discussions into business minded conversation on how to grow the value of ERP.
- Business and Commercial Credibility: It is critical that the holders of these SAP Functional Consultant roles possess the credibility to be seen as a decision maker and governance authority in their aligned process area. They must be seen as an IT leader, grounded in experience but also with the vision and ambition to drive the correct direction for the future of GSK.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, experience of application
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
This is an excellent opportunity for a SAP FI Consultant looking to develop a career in management.
This role is a core IT delivery role driving business change and managing IT systems programs in the Financial services process area covering SAP AR, AP, FSCM, T&E, Banking, Tax and includes third party tools like Autobank and Vertex.
Act as the link between IT and business/support units on the development and implementation of new systems and enhancements to existing systems. Responsible for both the design, development and implementation of short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure, and the management of the IT infrastructure within an organisation.
Strategy and Architecture
- Ensures the SAP Landscape is designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives business benefit from it investment in ERP
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the SAP product set and its strategic direction
Maintains an understanding of the relevant GSK business models and strategic direction
- Provides expert guidance, support and recommendations regarding greater leverage of the SAP product set to leverage greater business benefit for GSK
- Ensures that design aligns with GSK architectural requirements.
Change and Major Activities
- Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of the project.
- Defines the solutions which need to be delivered within the different phases of the ERP project to meet the business requirements
- Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered
Project Design and Deployment
- Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the template
- Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with the template
- Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the different solutions are realised
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent SAP functional knowledge
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
- Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
- Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
- Provides KT to Operations and other departments as required for Transition Management
- Work on support tickets providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery
- Deliver to SLA, whilst ensuring the integrity of the template and the productive systems are maintained. Create a culture within GSS of delivering within SLA.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by working with suppliers to improve service, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 20th August 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top