SAP BFC Functional Consultant
- Strong SAP BFC configuration skills and 3rd line support experience
- Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience (e.g. Good Financial or Accounting background)
- Experience of end-to-end market/site implementation project lifecycles
- Demonstrated knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end process that they own, acquired through delivery roles in global SAP implementations
- Knowledge and experience of SAP solutions in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of the network of opinion leaders and subject matter experts relevant to their process area (both inside and outside GSK)
- Continuous Improvement – They must capable of setting clear goals and tracking the realization of these goals through business changes and systems implementation programmes
- Structured Analytical Approach: They must be capable of operating in a structured and standardized framework for specifying process and data models etc
- Information Search – They must possess research and networking skills enabling them to remain up to date with innovations from inside and outside GSK enabling them to bring new best practice ideas that support business customers realize their objectives
- Flexible Thinking: They must possess sound judgment on how and when to take on board innovative new ideas. They must understand the options for any decision that they make and make balanced decisions based on facts and data
- Consulting skills – They must have strong interpersonal skills capable at building relationships across different stakeholder and functional groups in the organization, capturing and aligning inputs from these groups then driving them to an agreed direction
- Teamwork – They must be capable of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams
- Communication – They will be capable of clear messages that summarise their desired direction and clarify the benefits to GSK of following this direction
- Planning –They must be capable of following a detailed plan and reporting progress, achievements and managing slippage
See Basic Qualifications
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
Our journey to simplify our operating model is enabled through ERP transformation and two major initiatives which will cover the Commercial and Manufacturing operations and run over the next few years. These significant programmes will be a key enabler for transforming the organisation, driving efficiencies in our Commercial Businesses, the factories and across the Supply Chain which will be critical to GSK's overall strategic ambition. To enable our journey GSK are recruiting high caliber SAP experts to partner with Senior Process Owners from the business to drive the transformation. We are seeking individuals with excellent SAP capabilities as well as a strong business partnering mindset to join our integrated transformation team.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role exists to define, drive, and deliver standard processes, data and IT systems which are:
(a)Aligned to the overall strategic direction for GSK and the GSK overall operating model
(b)Integrated into end-to-end process flows: driving alignment across multiple sites and functions to deliver value to the end customer
(c)Aligned to all relevant policies, procedures and regulatory standards
(d)As simple as possible and as complex as necessary aligned to Lean Six Sigma principles
(e)Structured to enable the adoption of simplified, standardized IT systems (especially SAP systems), minimizing customization and maximizing the adoption of embedded SAP good-practices
(f)Aligned to other internal and external best practices
This role is a core IT delivery role driving business change and IT systems programmes in the Consolidation process area. This role is accountable to the Corporate Finance Consolidation stream, and requires a high level of knowledge in SAP BFC processes and solutions. An understanding of SAP R2R and BW would be also desirable.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
1.Strategy and Architecture
- Ensures the SAP Landscape is designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives business benefit from its investment in ERP
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the SAP product set and its strategic direction
- Maintains an understanding of the relevant GSK business models and strategic direction
- Provides expert guidance, support and recommendations regarding greater leverage of the SAP product set to leverage greater business benefit for GSK
- Ensures that design aligns with GSK architectural requirements.
2.Change and Major Activities
- Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of the project.
- Defines the solutions which need to be delivered within the different phases of the ERP project to meet the business requirements
- Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered
3.Project Design and Deployment
- Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the template
- Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with the template
- Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the different solutions are realised
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent SAP functional knowledge
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
- Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
- Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
- Provides KT to other individuals within Global ERP other departments as required for support of the solution
- Work on support tickets providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery
- Able to schedule workload, report progress, manage multiple in-flight changes simultaneously
- Deliver to SLA, whilst ensuring the integrity of the template and the productive systems are maintained. Create a culture within Global ERP of delivering within SLA.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
- Develops SAP functional skills and knowledge as required
- Develops expertise in pharmaceuticals industry
- Works with other functions within Global ERP to identify opportunities for process improvements and assists with the implementation of those agreed
- Works with colleagues in other areas to ensure new functionality is successfully integrated into Global ERP
- Shares learning's and experiences with others to improve visibility and understanding of Global ERP activities among peers and superiors
- Considers solution alternatives before committing to action and develop alternative solutions
- Develops trusted relationships with team-members and customers alike and encourages others to openly express their thoughts and ideas
- Influences effectively through building networks and using them to secure buy-in and support for plans and ideas and create "win-win" outcomes
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 31st August 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact [email protected]
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top