Sales Specialist, Pharma - San Francisco, CA
• Perform all required duties in assigned territory in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways, promoting aligned GSK products within the Respiratory selling team.
• Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist and primary care customers in support of the GSK Ellipta portfolio.
• Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to Respiratory (COPD-Asthma) therapeutic expertise .
• Meet or exceed established expectations for account / call activity and time in territory.
• Proactively decide on activities, educational programs as well as HQ-approved resources needed to effectively pull through the identified sales opportunities with targeted customers and other key stakeholders in territory/accounts.
• Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities aligned to brand strategy.
Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
• Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit/brand strategy. (i.e., Physicians, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
• Utilize internal GSK stakeholders/matrix partners to educate customers and build relationships.
• Identify and recommend solutions or refer to matrix partners (as appropriate) for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
• Successfully Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
• Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
4 Year BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
Valid Driver's License
2 plus years Outside Sales
• Minimum of 2-5 years of institutional, IDN, or large account pharma, biotech or device sales experience
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and collaborate with colleagues across the enterprises to execute against plans and deliver value to customers.
• Demonstrated high-level selling skills, including account based selling, strategic thinking, drive results, and the ability to ask for the business.
• Demonstrated understanding of integrated delivery networks or complex large accounts with a proven track record of successfully navigating these type of accounts
• Comprehensive understanding of national, regional and local managed markets or payer impact within large accounts
• Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the selling process.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal influencing and leadership skills
• Develop and maintain a broad understanding of the local healthcare marketplace and key trends.
Demonstrated competency in science, business acumen, and customer engagement
• Demonstrated knowledge GSK promotional strategies and objectives in a way that meets customer needs
• Demonstrate the ability to provide value to each targeted account through proper blending of science & service based upon each accounts individual needs
• Ability to support and contribute to a values based organization focused on addressing the needs of customers and patients in a healthcare environment.
• Utilize customer focused selling techniques to develop and maintain customer insight and customer knowledge of GSK medicines
• Develop and deliver informative product presentations, based upon customer needs. .
• Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices and values in support of our customers, patients and fellow employees
• Prefer established relationship within key accounts in geography
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top