South Leinster - Primary Care - Respiratory
1. To achieve business objectives for products in a defined territory area.
2. Responsible for a diverse group of customers within the geographical area that could have an impact on business which could include combinations of stakeholders in primary care, secondary care and retail e.g. GPs, Nurses, Hospital Consultants, Specialists and Pharmacists.
3. Responsible for multiple therapy areas which could change periodically and to be an expert in all aspects of knowledge in those areas namely - disease, own product, competitors, campaign and the relevant healthcare environment.
4. Educate and promote the benefits of GSK medicines/services in line with the relevant brand SPCs.
5. Autonomy for the development and implementation of a territory business plan that will be crucial for delivering sales success.
Scope of Responsibility
• Ensure that all field reports, safety reports, competitor analysis, expenses, support requests, ETMS (Electronic territory management system) database maintenance etc are completed in the manner required by the National Sales Manager or Sales Lead.
• Face to face, meetings and other interactions with key customers in primary care, secondary care and retail as assigned by National Sales Manager.
• Ensure all national promotional campaigns are implemented in the context of the local environment. Passionate and enthusiastic delivery of key messages with the support of marketing, medical and health outcomes teams.
• High level of product scientific knowledge to ensure that information is presented to healthcare professionals in an accurate, complete and responsible manner and in line with brand SPCs at all time
• Autonomy for the development of a bespoke business plan for the territory/brand that is indicative of the requirements of the local customer base. Ensure territory plans are integrated into Regional business plan.
• Work closely alongside other members of the Regional team to identify the right levers drive business performance across primary care, secondary care and retail customers.
• Play a full and active part in the Regional Team and the wider business team.
• Be constructive and flexible to ensure that the business moves forward and evolves in line with the external environment.
• Gather and feed in all relevant competitor and customer information in a timely and efficient manner.
• Engage and participate in sales, product and development training/ sessions in order to keep up to speed with required competencies.
• Must report product quality and safety issues occurring in association with any GSK product in an expeditious manner to the GSK Irish Pharma co vigilance department, in accordance with company SOP
• Adhere to GSK Code of Business Ethics and the IPHA Code of marketing practice for the pharmaceutical industry.
Closing Date: Friday 11th May 2018
3rd Level degree in an appropriate Science discipline or Business Development degree or a Nursing/Paramedical background.
Experience in a professional selling role with some selling or other relevant experience in the medical or pharmaceutical fields desirable.
IT Skills,(Pre-ECDL criteria to be achieved within 6 months)
• Pharmaceutical selling experience in either primary care or secondary care.
• Ability to build relationships and use relations to leverage business opportunities for GSK.
• Proven track record in delivery of business objectives Excellent understanding of the Industry and knowledge of the key drivers/changes in the primary care, secondary care, retail environment and HSE critical.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top