Sales Finance Manager
GSK Employees are known to Work Across Boundaries, by working within a multicultural and multifunctional team; always oriented to Inspire those around by not only Driving Performance but also creating a healthy and inclusive environment. We are known to have a positive mindset and always Live by Our Values.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by not only improving the way we do business, but also impacting the way we Develop our own Capability and Talent.
As a member of this team YOU can perform finance partnering activities at a management level to support strategy and decision making with critical business insights. This role will support Sales Director and his team to address the requirements for financial analysis for strategic and business planning and reporting as well as ad-hoc requests. In addition, the role will support Senior Finance Director directly to ensure the alignment and delivery of controls and compliance initiatives in the country.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these areStrategy & Performance Management:
- Support delivery of SBU Profit & Loss Financial Performance Targets – focus on Gross Margin
- Assist with brand by channel strategy. Support development of annual brand planning process – focus on channels
- Perform monthly BU performance review (business performance and risk management) and provide advice on investment opportunities and cost management activities
- Gross to net understanding and analytics
- Working Capital optimization
- KPI focus and interface with sales team
- Manage the promotional resource planning, and project resource allocation to optimise return on investment in consultation with customer groups & BU Directors.
- Co-ordinate with sales and marketing an supply chain for consensus forecasting review and approval
Strategic Customer Analysis:
- Market understanding
- Established customer PnL optimization and management
- Strategic customer analysis and long term modelling
- Business development
- Deal assessment and scenario planning
- Margin enhancement
- Support "pull thru" of Field force ROI
- Contract optimisation
- Interface with BI team on resource allocation to brands
Risk Management and Controls:
- Help set 'Tone from the Top' for value based decision making. Review commercial contracts for appropriate teams & conditions in order to drive the 'Right' behaviour
- Play an active decision-making role to ensure that financial results are optimized in accordance with ethical and group standards.
- Oversight of appropriate revenue recognition
- Proactive approach to risk management. Anticipate key business and compliance risks and develop appropriate mitigation plans in coordination with local teams (Finance Compliance manager, In country Finance Board etc).
- S&OP participation & decision support
- BU Finance education & business acumen
- Cross-function and above country matrix navigation & management
- Lead process improvement and improve governance control
- Work with other business functions to enhance improvements and drive change
We are looking for people/professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
- Graduate in Accounting / Finance / Management.
- Ideally >10 years finance experience and 3~5 years team leadership experience.
- Fluent in English
- Practical experience in multi-national Finance Planning & Partnering roles, especially experience as responsible for P&L
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus to your application MBA Finance from top University (desirable)
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, Cataflan/ Voltaren , Theraflu
In over 115 countries, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access to them around the world. In over 300 years of history, we invest in innovation to help improve people's lives.
As a GSK employee you will get inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
With a commitment, with integrity and respect for people you will work in a sustainable and healthy way, providing positive impacts on the community.
In our inclusive environment, you'll feel valued, motivated and able to realize your full potential.
Through your individual personal and professional development, at GSK you will achieve your career ambitions. You will count with all sorts of development initiatives such as Future Leaders Programmes, Leadership Development Programmes and our commitment to Coaching.
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to june 30 th
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top