Sales Effectiveness Director, Commercial Excellence
An opportunity to accelerate GSK's commercial capabilities as our newly appointed Sales Effectiveness Director
As the successful applicant, you will join the Global Commercial Excellence team accountable for accelerating commercial capabilities that deliver performance and ensures we are the company of choice for our shoppers, customers and experts.
You will be accountable for accelerating the effectiveness of GSK's Salesforce globally covering the three sales force channels of Healthcare Professionals, Pharmacy and Retail / Mass Market via bespoke central services, salesforce commercial systems and leading edge commercial analytics.
We are looking for an individual who:
• connects with and will be driven by our purpose, to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
• wants to be a part of a dynamic leadership team of subject matter experts
• thrives in an highly empowered environment to lead and drive future of Salesforce Effectiveness globally
• Will be the force that will deliver transformational change and take salesforce effectiveness to the next level in partnership with our TECH organisation.
Core Role Specifics:
Enabling Technology: In this role, you will partner with the TECH organization to drive the delivery of technology solutions that underpin our business strategy. Ensuring that solutions delivered are focused on the business value proposition and commercial requirements are prioritised alongside Local Market, Area and Global Sales needs.
1. Product Owner - You will deliver an enhancement plan driving functionality to make it easier for GSK's sales force (this includes systems such as Veeva). This will be supported through our global community of practice (COP) network.
2. You will develop and deploy new solutions to for Sales (such as solutions for Net Revenue Management / Business-to-Business (B2B) (SAP Hybris) / In-store execution).
Driving a Data-Centric Sales Organisation: As the successful applicant, you will enable a data-centric Sales organisation to ensure that data quality and access is built on commercially defined business process and data definitions to support decision-making.
1. Data governance for salesforce systems (Customer Master Data Management (MDM), Product MDM and Net Revenue Management).
2. Analytic tools (Power BI, Predictive analytics, machine learning).
3. Enable sales analytic competence / scale best practices (tools & materials).
Services: In this role, you will provide bespoke services to Sales/Commercial Excellence through the application of leading edge processes and tools to enhance sales effectiveness, in and above market.
1.Content adaptation Sales Force Automation Systems (Veeva) (supported by our Design Centre Team).
2.Salesforce Sizing & Deployment Optimisation / Segmentation and Targeting (supported by our Knowledge Centre Team).
3.Above market reporting, analytics and insights (supported by our Knowledge Centre Team)
Compliance: As the newly appointed Sales Excellence Director, you will ensure enabling systems and processes are aligned to GSK compliance requirements and markets understand compliance and privacy roles and responsibilities.
1.Sales / Commercial Excellence representative for central governance (GDPR, distributor management, Net Revenue Management compliance, Sales Incentive Program).
Overall: Stay in front of the competition.
This position will require you to benchmark key external competitor sales and analytics tools and processes to ensure that GSK maintain a competitive advantage. You will work in an agile framework (Value Quality Flow; Big Room Planning; Sprint Experiments) - ensuring that GSK are aligned to prioritised business needs and requirements. In addition, you will play a key role in influencing the stakeholders on governance boards to drive the Sales Effectiveness agenda (Business Intelligence / Master Data Management (MDM)).
You will lead the drive to enhance Sales effectiveness and efficiency by ensuring that we truly understand the business needs and requirements that are required to enable GSK's sales forces to execute effectively with the right data, systems and insights. You will be the voice of the business amongst wider group of stakeholders and governance boards and play an active role in shaping the wider Commercial Excellence strategy to accelerate performance.
If you feel energised by this opportunity, please make an application no later than December 14th 2018.
Applications will also be considered from other UK, European and East Coast US Sites
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Values driven
• FMCG Sales Experience - Key Accounts and Field Forces
• Line management experience - leadership / coaching / people development
• Business dashboard / Key Performance Indicator (KPI) ownership
• Experience leading commercial / technology programmes
• Above market programme deployment
• Sales Force Effectiveness experience
• Influencing (all levels of business)
• Stakeholder management
• Project management
• Strong analytical skills
• Solution orientated
• Lead a sales force in Pharmacy and/or Healthcare Professional
• Retail Account controller with P&L ownership
• Leadership of a Sales Force Effectiveness functions
• Multi-market experience
• Successfully lead the deployment of a multi-market or Global program
• Experience in 'Agile' ways of working
Who we are
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better,
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
What we do
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
Pharmaceuticals - Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
Consumer Healthcare - Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin Health categories.
How we'll do it
Everyone at GSK will focus on 3 priorities - Innovation, Performance, Trust
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top