Safety Scientist SERM (Safety Evaluation and Risk Management)
- Bachelors level or above degree in a biomedical or health care-related specialty.
- 2-3 years clinical safety experience or equivalent experience ( e.g. clinical development in a pharmaceutical company, regulatory authority etc.)
- Basic understanding of safety evaluation methodology/ process awareness of pharmacovigilance regulations and methodologies.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience in drafting responses to ad hoc queries or evaluating significant safety issues for regulatory submissions (e.g., PSURs ) under supervision.
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Detail oriented, methodical and analytical approach.
- Good communication skills, team player, flexible.
- Ability to manage crisis, monitor safety issues and work under pressure with a customer and solution oriented approach.
- Able to prioritize activities effectively and to meet multiple deadlines successfully with attention to detail, setting high performance standards for quality
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in performing task and responsibilities. Proactively contributes ideas to improve existing operations
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Computer literate, familiar with using scientific and clinical databases.
You will work with the SERM physician to actively manage and evaluate risks associated with assigned vaccine projects, and make recommendations for the management and communication of risks in accordance with global legal and regulatory frameworks.
This may involve the following:
- Coordinate and perform initial analyses of adverse event reports and/or signal detection activities for assigned vaccine projects in clinical development and post-licensure
- Be the safety contact person for Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, regional and LOC (local operating company) safety managers, manufacturing teams for assigned vaccine projects
- Provide input to Clinical Teams with respect to safety aspects of the design and preparation of protocols, investigators brochures, investigator letters and reports, for the follow up and processing of clinical study data and lead the safety analyses of the assigned projects.
Location: Rockville, Md
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top