Risk Data Analyst
- Bachelors Degree required in Mathematics & Statistics, Management Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Finance, or other applicable degree & further education qualification in IT/Data analytics or Finance (CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to identify trends and patterns of information
- Familiarity with data modelling, entity relationship diagrams, and data dictionaries.
- Experience in delivering and embedding pragmatic analytics, commensurate with the level of risk in the underlying business operations.
- Understanding of the implications on data analysis related to complex end-to-end business processes comprised of multiple systems and manual interventions (P2P, O2C, R2R, tax & statutory reporting processes)
- Experience in auditing information systems and internal controls
- Experience in implementing and reviewing data governance frameworks
- Experience in audit, controls and risk management
- Experience with relational database management systems; including advanced SQL (complex joins, indexing, etc.).
- Experience including experience on large, complex data analytics or intelligence programs and Big Data
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing KPI's and visual controls
- Working experience with a range of data tools.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a purpose: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
We are recruiting a newly created position for a Risk Data Analyst who will assist the Risk Data Analytics Manager to provide support to the Global Finance Risk Management and control Centre of Excellence in assessing risks and identifying gaps in controls as well as opportunities for process simplification and efficiency. This role assesses the Global Finance risk environment and hones in on key areas to help the creation of action plans from the organization (e.g. Global process Owners) and also perform our own assessment of key risks via data analytics.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Analyst with a keen interest in problem solving to work closely with key stakeholders, taking responsibility and accountability for complex projects by delivering meaningful data analysis. You will have the chance to make a real impact, helping to shape ways of working while driving efficiency and compliance.
- Design and develop analytical solutions to understand risks across the key business processes.
- Deliver cost effective, timely high-quality reporting and analytics across complex compliance/risk organization while complying with GSK and legal ethical standards.
- Execute analytics to provide insights to Global Finance risk & control environment and enable decisions on the adequacy of the business control framework
- Perform data analytics on data retrieves obtained from the ERP organisation and build out standard reports that can then be used for handover to Continuous Control Monitoring to operational staff
- Develop relationships with ERP teams (CERPS, JDE) & GEC Independent Business Monitoring (IBM) & A&A to ensure successful data mining and analytics activities are conducted regularly.
- Business partnering role with Process Operations teams (SLOs) globally / Global Process Owners (GPOs) to identify stakeholder needs and report trends in process gaps, process risks with a view to create positive risk management impact.
- Proactively engage Process Operations teams (SLOs) / Global Process Owners (GPOs) to identify opportunities to leverage technology and analytics in connection with driving simplification and efficiency across processes.
- Support Director –Operations and Regional Lead and Director- Global Processes and Projects to utilise and build out the use of data analytics.
- Be a team member or team leader on various special projects requiring data analytical and risk assessment skills e.g. Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data.
- Participates on cross-functional and matrixed projects to reduce risk and/or implement new or enhanced controls related to key processes or systems.
- Establish and manages effective relationships with other areas in GSK to ensure alignment of controls and closely collaborate with Global ethics & Compliance data analytics team to be effective
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 20th August 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top