Retail Category Solution Manager-Walmart
3-5 years of commercial experience in sales working at a National Account Management Key
Account Management /Business Development Management level
Ability to travel 15% of the time
3-5 years of consumer/shopper insight experience and brand marketing experience preferred.
Excellent understanding of retail landscape, customer requirements and trends across markets.
Ability to lead the development of a strategic commercial agenda internally and externally with key stakeholders.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is one of the world's largest consumer healthcare companies. Our purpose is to help more people around the world to do more, feel better and live longer with everyday healthcare products. We have a heritage that goes back over 160 years. We own some of the world's best loved healthcare brands, including Sensodyne®, Theraflu®, Excedrin®, Nicorette® and NicoDerm®CQ®, Flonase® and TUMS®.
Our goal is to build a global, growing business we call a Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company, dedicated to everyday healthcare with all of the scientific expertise and quality guarantees that demands, working at the speed and with the genuine consumer understanding the modern world expects.
Retail Category Solutions (RCS) is the creation of value for GSK and our customers through the use of insights-driven, category-building activities to win at shelf enhance the shopper experience and satisfy the needs of targeted shoppers.
The Retail Category Solutions Manager executes the vision and strategy GSK's categories in our strategic and national customer accounts. They implement advanced analytic s and insights, category management principles and processes driving category and brand growth and optimizing profitability for GSK and their Customer in a mutually beneficial way to deliver profitable growth and winning competitive advantage in the OTC space.
- Category analytics
- Category Management
- Development of category growth initiatives
- Establish customer relationships
- Integrate consumer, shopper and analytic insights, processes and tools to achieve best in class category management that is linked to the vision and strategy for each category
- Provide insights regarding assortment, space requirements, share of shelf, and financial productivity for category reviews to drive market share
- Review category and GSK sales performance on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous high levels of product visibility and availability
- Support the development and execute merchandising strategies that enhance in-store communications through a first-rate understanding of shopper attitude behavior
- Proactively identify competitive activity from account programs that may have major, long-term impact on Brand and Corporate goals and strategies. Provide recommendations to mitigate impact to GSK business
- Execute shelf strategy schematics utilizing Apollo, ProSpace, Galleria and / or other space planning software
- Manage and develop schematic updates, new items, item discontinuations and category resets always ensuring that customer merchandising guidelines are followed
- Develop and implement Test Sets to identify and correct any implementation issues prior to reset
- Provide insights regarding assortment, space requirements, share of shelf and financial productivity within the schematic versions in preparation for category reviews
- Build connectivity between category, sales and marketing to ensure timely execution of new projects
- Liaise effectively with external vendors that support category management processes ensuring delivery on time and on budget
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top