Respiratory Biologics Specialist- Shawnee, KS
3+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Master's of Business Administration and/or advance clinical/science degree or equivalent preferred.
- Military Experience preferred.
- Account based and business to business sales expertise (3+ years preferred)
The primary duty of the Account Specialist is to provide dedicated focus to this group of customers, together with strong business and clinical acumen, in an effort to maximize GSK opportunities.
Perform all required duties in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Selling Ways.
Be present in the assigned territory and promoting GSK products based on the expectations of business area. Weekend and evening activity is required as needed.
Meet or exceed established expectations for call activity and time in territory.
Promote volume growth and market share of GSK products.
Analyze sales information and recommend actions to maximize opportunities and resolve problems.
Create customer value, demand and advocacy for GSK brands.
Build and maintain relationships with decision makers in account to execute business unit strategy.
Utilize internal GSK stakeholders to educate and build relationships.
Identify and recommend solutions for product-related issues that arise in the accounts (e.g. side effect understanding and management, reimbursement issues, distribution issues).
- Identify brand and above brand opportunities for clients.
- Complete optional my Learning modules or other related training.
- Must have the ability to work with basic numeric and algebraic calculations.
- Must have the ability to use logical arguments to convince and influence customers in an ethical manner.
- Must be able to learn and retain large amounts of technical/scientific/medical data.
- Must be able to use scientific knowledge based on clinical studies to answer questions and to influence the appropriate use of GSK's medications.
- Must have working knowledge of computing software including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence by taking tests, simulations or other evaluation assessments used by the company.
- Must be able to remain up-to-date consistently in knowledge and understanding of GSK and competitors' products and the disease states they are approved to treat.
- • Must have the ability to learn information included in Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Level 4 training as directed by GSK's Commercial Capabilities department and documented in GSK's Strategic Role Analysis (SRA) process.
Other Job-Related Skills/Background:
- Current license is valid.
- No citation and/or conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or driving while impaired within the past five years.
- 2 or less moving violations or collisions within the current 24-month period.
- Must be able to travel domestically as required.
Must have the ability to interface face to face with customers
- Must be able to drive company vehicle to and from appointments for up to 2 consecutive hours at a time.
- Must be able to sit for up to 2 consecutive hours at a time.
- Must be able to stand for up to 1 hour, multiple times each day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and push/pull 20 pounds up to 20 times each day.
- Must be able to enter and exit commercial/medical buildings up to 10 times each day.
- Must be able to use computer to complete tests, record sales activities, submit expense reports and required documentation each day.
- Must be able to travel for meeting attendance as needed.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top