- Ideally qualified to degree level within relevant subject
- Commercial experience of working within Supply Chain
- Experienced within the use of SAP or alternative M/ERP system
- Comfortable to work on and manage projects
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our GMS teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccines and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year.
We are currently looking for a Repack Planner to be based at our head office, GSK House, Brentford. This is a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to different elements within the supply chain and touch all areas of the business.
Our Repack Planners proactively use supply and forecasting information to manage the supply chain at optimal cost and customer service by
a)control of the replenishment process to meet the net demand of the UK market, achieve the stated customer service level and deliver against inventory targets
b)improve the performance of the function through continuous improvement
- Planning: To control the replenishment plans issued from our systems and ensure it fits the demand requirements. Optimise the use of our systems (SAP), maintain and review the planning parameters and master data as required or annually. Place orders on suppliers at agreed lead-times and ensure 3rd party production plans accommodate our requirements.
- Measures: To account for agreed customer service and inventory levels, and to take appropriate corrective measures in case of deviation. Communicate risks and opportunities to Sales and Marketing teams.
- Continuous Improvement: Lead review of supply variances to route cause and agree preventative actions. Document and communicate best practice.
- Suppliers: To negotiate inventory management related parameters: safety stocks, minimum order quantities, lead times, and develop Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with key suppliers. Resolve invoice queries. Obtain product quotes and negotiate prices.
- Stock management: To manage disposals, new product launches (including product specification information and material master set up and maintenance), promotions and packaging changes, ensuring volumes and phasing at validated. Manage the stock reconciliation at vendors monthly and 3rd Party warehouse on a daily basis, correcting interface issues.
- Reporting: (a) produce regular KPI reports covering all performance metrics including supplier performance, highlighting areas for improvement and potential improvement activities; (b) develop ad-hoc reports to provide insights into operational problems; (c) provide input to senior management reports (d) produce consolidated forward view of inventory holding
- Processes: (a) Be a process owner, document and maintain related SOPs. Train team on owned processes; (b) Identify and implement improvement opportunities. Capture and share best practice.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 15th August 2017.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top