The Reliability Engineer will provide technical and organizational support and leadership to drive equipment reliability and performance improvement increasing equipment up time and reducing MTBUF. The role will ensure the sites maintenance planning is appropriate and compliant with GSK standards and implement systems and best practices to ensure proactive measures are being taken for continuous improvement. The reliability engineer will implement the Zebulon Site Risk Based Inspection (RBI) program for the inspection of pressurized systems. Implement predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems and provide technical support to the site engineering teams for equipment and fixed assets.
1. Site maintenance and calibration subject matter expert responsible for the systematically defining, designing, developing, monitoring and refining of an assets maintenance plan.
2. Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems and provide value added preventive maintenance tasks.
3. Ensure the sites maintenance program has a focus on continuous improvement and compliance with GSK standards.
4. Develop and implement Risk Based Inspection (RBI) of pressure systems.
5. Providing mechanical technical support to the site engineering teams for mechanical equipment and mechanical fixed assets (HVAC, Utilities, Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, Condition Based Monitoring, Risk Based Inspection).
6. Lead efforts to reduce the amount of calibration failures and scheduling overdues.
7. Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include quality, capacity and cost.
8. Develop risk management plans that will anticipate reliability related and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact plant operations including PCCE.
9. Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
• BS degree with 4 years job relevant experience, or 8 years job relevant experience without a degree, in Operational or Reliability Engineering roles, preferably in the pharmaceutical, consumer health care or food industry with facility related utilities (chillers, boilers, HVAC).
• Strong engineering technical skills.
• Broad technical knowledge of manufacturing plant operational maintenance.
• Strong knowledge in equipment failure mechanisms over life cycle, condition-based monitoring of mechanical systems and predictive maintenance techniques to manage failure mechanisms.
• Practical experience in troubleshooting with development of engineering solutions.
• Understanding of the principles of performance evaluation and prediction to improve product/systems safety, reliability and maintainability.
• Strong knowledge of facility related utilities including boilers, chillers, HVAC.
• Practical experience in equipment root causes analysis (RCA) and risk analysis techniques such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
• Practical experience in Risk Based Inspection, Pressure System Safety Regulations.
• Understanding of pressure system pipe and tank welding, fabrication and inspection.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical equipment and manufacturing and packaging processes with an understanding of contamination detection systems such as metal detection including limitations.
• Knowledgeable of cGMP's principles.
• Excellent in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
• Leadership skills that enable the introduction of new ways of working.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top