- Degree in appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent experience of minimum 2 years.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
Suitable understanding of process's and equipment used in the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
Job Purpose :
Drive improvements in equipment reliability through use and analysis of Condition Based Monitoring techniques, and best practise maintenance.
Identify and correct repetitive failures through analysis of equipment history and application of technical skills, ingenuity, and use of the most effective and appropriate tools and techniques.
- Carry out data gathering, interpretation and analysis of all CBM data and accurately report findings to appropriate team leader to ensure timely, pro-active maintenance, and optimise equipment reliability/ uptime.
- Review and analyse maintenance data history relating to downtime, MTBF costs, spares usage etc. Use data to generate KPI's and support development of continuous improvement activities and improved equipment maintenance strategies.
- Provide technical expertise and support the Project Engineering function during the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets. Ensure the reliability and maintainability through the life of those assets by defining optimal maintenance life plans.
- Co-ordinate with planners to ensure planned maintenance activities relating to job role are scheduled and completed in a timely manner, balancing workload and plant availability.
- Support and engage with other GSK sites, above site GSK functions, and other industries to improve equipment reliability by shared knowledge and learning.
- Support the implementation of relevant GSK Global Engineering Standards and SOPs.
- Implement 'best practice' techniques and new technologies to deliver maximum availability and reliability of equipment.
- Support equipment failure investigations though data analysis tools and techniques (e.g. RCA, FMECA). Co-ordinate 3rd party material failures analysis.
- Accurately record and report all maintenance activities within relevant software to provide documented evidence in order to provide a clear audit trail.
- Manage specialist contractors on site as necessary.
- Provides recommendations, effective solutions and guidance to Engineering staff and project design staff.
- Continually improving plant, equipment and maintenance techniques in order to deliver better, faster, lower cost products.
- Joint ownership of maintenance life cycle plans (implement, update and review).
- Carry out failure investigations and recommending improvements in design or maintenance practices.
- As part of Group/site teams - develop, review, update, interpret and apply Engineering standards.
Auditing maintenance and plant operations for compliance with relevant engineering standards and statutory requirements.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top