Regulatory Manager - Galavani Bioelectronics
- Bachelor degree or preferably PhD in biological or healthcare science
- Experience of all phases of the drug development process in regulatory affairs,
- Capable of leading regional development, submission and approval activities in local region(s)
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial and licensing requirements in all major countries in the region and ideally knowledge of other key Agency processes globally.
- Knowledge of relevant area of medicine, and ability to further develop necessary specialist knowledge for the product or area of medicine
Bioelectronic medicine is an emerging scientific field, aiming to use tiny implantable devices to change precise electrical signals in nerves to treat a range of debilitating chronic diseases. Galvani Bioelectronics represents an important step change in the research and development of these medicines, combining GSK's discovery and development expertise and deep understanding of disease biology with Verily's world leading expertise in the miniaturisation of low power electronics, device development, data analytics and software development for clinical applications.
At Galvani Bioelectronics, we have demonstrated the feasibility of major inflammatory, metabolic, and respiratory diseases using neuromodulation of peripheral nerves in small animals. We have convincing reason to believe that these therapies, once proven through clinical studies, will bring a new therapy modality and help reduce the prevalence of major chronic diseases. Our ambition is to help patients, and through the development of efficacious therapies, become one of the world's largest neuromodulation companies.
To provide EU/EMAP Regional support for the regulatory activities for Galvani Bioelectronics. Ensure the development of appropriate regional regulatory strategy(s) and their execution for assigned asset(s) consistent with Medicines Development Strategy. This goal has to be achieved both as a component of an overall global regulatory approach and ensure compliance with both internal Galvani Bioelectronics process / policy and with regional regulatory requirements to deliver the best possible labelling, commensurate with the available data.
Ensure the development of appropriate regional regulatory strategy(s) and their execution for assigned asset(s) consistent with Medicines Development Strategy. This goal has to be achieved both as a component of an overall global regulatory approach and ensure compliance with both internal Galvani process / policy and with regional regulatory requirements to deliver the best possible labelling, commensurate with the available data.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities (include expected deliverables, managerial and leadership responsibilities and performance standards)
Accountable to GRL and Global Regulatory TA Head for development of appropriate regional regulatory strategy(s) and for delivery according to plans. In conducting role, planning will be on a multiple year horizon, with delivery requiring extensive matrix working within Galvani to VP level and representing GSK/Galvani with at least the local regulatory agency. Work closely with local / regional commercial team to secure best possible labelling commensurate with the available data. Lead interactions with local / regional regulatory authorities. In performing the role, the job holder will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the regulatory strategy that will deliver the needs of the local region(s), taking in to account the needs of other regions globally
- Implementation of the regional strategy(s) in support of the project globally
- Lead regulatory interactions and the review processes in local region
- Ensuring appropriate interaction with regional commercial teams in local region
- Ensuring compliance with regional requirements at all stages of product life from C2MD
Competencies and Capabilities (include key high performance behaviors)
- Good communication skills, especially in writing. Capable of delivering key communications with clarity, impact and passion
- Ability to foster strong matrix working. Involves people in issues that affect them. Facilitates dialogue between team and matrix members so they understand links between their different ideas and perspectives. Brings team members into the discussion so they can contribute their ideas. Capable of developing and recommending strategies for change. Developing personal networks, within Galvani and capable of using them to secure appropriate support and outcome for a project.
- Capable of identifying project or team issues in advance and seeking necessary help and support to resolve. Ability to derive creative solutions to regulatory problems, while balancing the expectations of Agencies and ensuring compliance with regulation in all regions. Recognises potential long term issues for projects.
- Ability to take sound decisions in doing so, the job holder will use a range of sources and weight benefits and risks before making important decisions.
- Shows a constant focus on improving performance and excellence in all tasks. Challenges and questions ways of working to seek improved process. Seeks to raise levels of performance by establishing or improving process
Application deadline: 26th September 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top