Regional Procurement Manager - Media Category LatAm
The purpose of this role is to lead the strategic sourcing of the media category primarily in the Southern Cone Latin America region. You will also provide support to other markets in the region led by the Latam regional procurement director. You will tailor the global media strategy for the region and lead deployment in the region
YOU will have the responsibility to develop and grow capabilities of the media category suppliers, both technical and strategic. In addition to the Strategic Sourcing, YOU will also be responsible for setting the landscape for the category negotiations, identifying opportunities to leverage and drive benefits.
YOU will support stakeholder needs as well as complex strategy creation, execution and management at regional level, where required, under the supervision and direction of global and regional category leaders and managers. It Iis key to interpret each category as whole (including suppliers, risks, etc), but most important, combine altogether and define the strategy for a period of at least 2-3 years.
Strategy creation & execution
- YOU need to create comprehensive sourcing strategy mainly for the Southern Cone Latin America region for the media category, operating with a truly regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Regional and Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with regional and global strategies;
- Identify sustainable, long term savings opportunities through the strategy creation process, identifying and exploring all potential value levers
- Have a clear understanding of how regional strategies affect their local market and the fit with global strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
- YOU will be the regional expert in media within the Latin America region – leveraging media and market expertise, including trading costs, digital knowledge, agency fees, media vendor pricing models, etc.
- Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all preferred suppliers and categories of expenditure.
- YOU will be expected to identify and deliver regional benefits in global and regional strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation;
- Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
- Create and deliver effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global and regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global and regional supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
- Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional specific contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global and regional supplier negotiations and contracts
- Lead regional supply base and strategy reviews.
- Broad procurement management experience;
- Strong knowledge of Media/Marketing Procurement
- Experience if using strategic thinking to build relationships (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans;
- Experience of managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows;
- Ability to solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving;
- Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts;
- Fluency in English and Spanish; Portuguese is also preferred.
YOU will be required to develop sophisticated commercial procurement strategies that align with the business's needs. The ability to understand the business and financial analysis will facilitate YOUR success, as well as the ability to communicate with senior Finance managers is required.
YOU will need to demonstrate expertise in managing categories, particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management.
YOU will need to develop Operational Excellence strategies and plans for key suppliers to drive improvement against KPIs.
Also, demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and business units is a must.
This is a key role in the Procurement organization responsible for complex sourcing and category management.
YOU will be require to operate independently, influence senior management across multiple geographies and negotiate with the external supply base on behalf of GSK.
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, Cataflan/ Voltaren , Theraflu / Trimedal, Parodontax, Panadol, Polident and Otrivin.
In over 115 countries, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access to them around the world. In over 300 years of history, we invest in innovation to help improve people's lives.
As a GSK employee you will get inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
With a commitment, with integrity and respect for people you will work in a sustainable and healthy way, providing positive impacts on the community.
In our inclusive environment, you'll feel valued, motivated and able to realize your full potential.
Through your individual personal and professional development, at GSK you will achieve your career ambitions. You will count with all sorts of development initiatives such as Future Leaders Programmes, Leadership Development Programmes and our commitment to Coaching.
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to August 16th.
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top