Regional Director, Real Estate & Facilities Commercial Services - Americas
- 5 years in-depth experience of delivering facilities management services at director level
- 5 years revenue and capital budget accountability
- Demonstrable experience of customer relationship management up to and including executive level
- Expert capabilities and knowledge of facilities management, real estate and the built environment
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership and people management
- Pharmaceutical, FMCG or Hospitality industry experience
- Experience of managing multiple campuses
- Experience of operating across multiple countries
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical, vaccine and healthcare companies, employing over 100,000 people globally with offices in more than 115 countries, with more than a third in emerging markets.
GSK have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
GSK Mission and Strategy - to help people do more, feel better, live longer
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization directly oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 30,000 GSK and other staff, including all R&D laboratories and pilot plants, and a significant proportion of Corporate and Commercial business unit office accommodation. On an annual basis, WREF is responsible for the delivery of in the region of 500 to 600 capital projects across this portfolio, with a capital spend of around £110m.
WREF is also responsible for the oversight of property assets (GSK real estate portfolio) comprising 628 sites in excess of 60m sqft, with a value totaling c£15bn and ensuring compliance with corporate policies in all aspects of GSK's real estate management.
You will be required to successfully develop and manage relationships with senior regional GSK business leaders (SVP, country and regional GM level), interface with external government bodies and planning authorities, deliver all facilities management services in a way which ensures compliance with local, regional and GSK policy, integrate additional sites in to the REF Commercial portfolio, govern delivery of services via multiple strategic third party partners, ensure robust risk management practices are in place & in use.
The role is to deliver in an international, multi site context to standardise services, maximize efficiency, improve customer service, and ensure services are delivered cost effectively in alignment with global external benchmarks.
In this role you will confer with stakeholders/customers to understand their needs and requirements and determine the best solutions and means of delivery.
- Team Leadership: Accountable for the development and delivery of a world class Real Estate and Facilities function in region through performance management, people development, talent management, organisational capability development, organisational culture development, change leadership, connection to and deep understanding of the external FM market.
- Customer Relationship Management: Primary point of contact for senior GSK Business Unit customers in region i.e. VP, SVP, country and regional GM levels of the company. This CRM accountability is one level below the Business Unit Customer Boards and not for global business unit management, which is the accountability of the Head of REF Commercial.
- Facilities Master Planning/Business Unit Planning: Ensure the development and delivery of regional and site strategic plans through business strategy alignment, gathering and understanding customer location change requirements, facilities infrastructure investment strategy, workspace investment strategy, the prioritisation of regional capital project portfolios, regional and local transport strategies, space utilisation analysis and the engagement of specialist consultants as required from time to time.
- Facilities Management Services: Accountability for the development and delivery of a regional operations strategy that aligns to and enables the overarching REF Commercial strategy. Role holder is the controller of regional delivery for all operational services; direct oversight and contract governance of third party supplier/partner delivery, risk & compliance management, crisis & continuity management, service benchmark & unit cost analysis & optimization, service standardisation, service improvement, service innovation, process simplification
- Regional Business Development: As WREF's footprint expands around the world due to demand from GSK Business Units for WREF to manage more of their facilities, the role holder is accountable for ensuring thorough due diligence is completed for all GSK facilities in region that are to be integrated in to REF Commercial. Develop solutions for service delivery, act as the key facilities management stakeholder and/or contributor to facilities services tender processes when seeking to appoint external third party service providers and complete integration in to the site portfolio.
- Financial Governance: Accountable for the development of regional capital and revenue budgets and governance/delivery of same.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top