Regional Category Manager Poland / Russia
• Create comprehensive sourcing strategy for the Hub/Region for spend categories (to be prioritized based on the Hub/ Region business priorities and in alignment with Hub/ Region Head), operating with a truly Hub/ Region and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how Hub/ Region strategies affect their local market and the fit with global strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all key suppliers and categories of expenditure
• Deliver Hub/ Region benefits identified in global and local strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Create and deliver effective Hub/ Region budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance
• Influence key Hub/ Region stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global and local supplier relationships. Leverage the Business
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective Hub/ Region specific contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure Hub/ Region considerations are taken into account in global and Hub/ Region supplier negotiations and contracts
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practice procurement and use of KPIs
• Identify and manage significant risks in the supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base
• Higher education
• Demonstrated expertise in Procurement processes, particularly with respect to developing & implementing significant strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
• Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing within a LOC (across countries within a region) and business units
• Demonstrated significant experience in managing projects within a LOC needs and regulation (eg taxes, law, regulation)
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Ability to triage and prioritize daily issues as they arise and ability to solve problem independently with limited information and data available to make decisions
• Very good command of English
Please check Basic Qualifications.
• Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
• Possibility of developing within the role and company structure
• Supportive and friendly working environment
• Company culture based on GSK values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
• Atmosphere of trust which let you grow professionally and act independently
• Non-wage benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you'll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you'll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top