Regional Category Manager (m/w/divers)
GSK Consumer Healthcare, producer of brands such as Voltaren, Sensodyne and Dr.BEST is one of the world´s leading healthcare companies, and is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Valuing people, innovation, accountability and performance achieved with integrity, GSK is truly an employer of choice.
To develop and grow capabilities of the category suppliers, both technical and strategic. In addition to the Strategic Sourcing, it will also be responsible for setting the landscape for the category negotiations, identifying opportunities to leverage and drive benefits. The role will support stakeholder needs specific to the Hub. The role will support more complex strategy creation, execution and management at Hub level, where required, under the supervision and direction of the Hub Head. Must interpret each category as whole (including suppliers, risks, etc), but must important, combine altogether and define the strategy for a period of at least 2-3 years.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Strategy creation & execution
• Create comprehensive sourcing strategy for the Hub for spend categories (to be prioritized based on the Hub business priorities and in alignment with Hub Head), operating with a truly Hub and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how Hub strategies affect their local market and the fit with global strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the Hub expert in the prioritized spend categories
• Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all key suppliers and categories of expenditure.
• Deliver Hub benefits identified in global and local strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
• Create and deliver effective Hub budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global and regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key Hub stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global and local supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective Hub specific contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure Hub considerations are taken into account in global and Hub supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead Hub supply base and strategy reviews.
- University Degree with focus on Marketing, Finance, Procurement, Master or MBA preferred
- Research and analytical skills required to develop solutions to complex problems and analyze complex financial proposals
- Ability to develop sophisticated commercial procurement strategies that align with the business's needs
- Strong understanding of business and financial analysis will facilitate success
- Technical competency: Stakeholder partnering, Performance management, Sourcing strategy development, Category management (travel meetings and events, professional services, HR services, fleet, warehouse management,
logistics), Supplier Relationship management
- High Performance Behaviours: Enable & drive change in complex environment (Proven leadership experience), Building relationships at VP level
- Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Procurement & Indirect Sites commodities (when required within the Hub)
- Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
- Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
- Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
- Full knowledge to deal with Microsoft tools, special skill on Excel, pivot tables, and databases understanding
Please see basic qualifications
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top