Regional Category Leader, UK SLM & LOC Liaison
As part of our new ways of working within Research & Development Procurement we have created a brand-new position to work with our Procurement Site Liaison Managers (SLM) and Local Operating Companies (LOC).
Your objective will be to collaborate with these diverse stakeholders to support resourcing strategies, deliver business benefits and ensure targets are met relating to supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
If you are keen to use your influencing skills to work on global strategies with partners who deliver breakthrough results for GSK then this role is a fantastic opportunity.
Your Key Duties
• Contribute to support spend management > £30m (best estimate)
• Develop and implement effective ways of working across UK R&D locations to ensure a cohesive approach
• Align with appropriate Heads of R&D procurement and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative strategy creation and execution
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners and deliver
• Support Global Category Manager for R&D procurement in the creation and delivery of effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
• Ownership of tail management within the in-scope country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
• Build strategic relationship with a network of R&D (when relevant) stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition.
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional/local contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity.
• Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key regional/local suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
Our New R&D Approach
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th October 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
• Significant experience within procurement or associated commercial position
• Significant experience in leading both direct and matrixed teams
• Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
• English proficiency (written and oral)
• Leadership/communication skills
• University Degree within appropriate business or scientific subject
• Master's Degree within appropriate business or scientific subject
• Experience within Pharma/Consumer Healthcare Research & Development
• Knowledge of working with Local Operating Companies
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top